Subject: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 06:38:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Hierarchical Service Function Chaining (hSFC)
        Authors         : David Dolson
                          Shunsuke Homma
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-06.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2018-01-18

Abstract:
   Hierarchical Service Function Chaining (hSFC) is a network
   architecture allowing an organization to decompose a large-scale
   network into multiple domains of administration.

   The goals of hSFC are to make a large-scale network easier to reason
   about, simpler to control and to support independent functional
   groups within large network operators.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Dave Dolson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 14:40:36 +0000

This version addresses comments received during WG last-call.
We believe we have addressed all comments.

-----Original Message-----
From: sfc [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:39 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-06.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
sfc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sfc

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 12:53:32 -0500

Thank you Dave.

While there was not as much support as we would have liked, there chairs 
have concluded that there is sufficient support to request RFC 
publication of this document.

We would like to ask for a volunteer to shepherd it.  This would be a 
non-author who is willing to help us with the process.  We will provide 
assistance, etc.  (Tal just did the Convent document, so we are looking 
for a WG member this time.)

Yours,
Joel (& Jim)

---

From: "Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 00:26:24 +0000

Joel,

Apologies for the delayed support++ on this.

—
Carlos Pignataro, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

“Sometimes I use big words that I do not fully understand, to make myself sound more photosynthesis."

On Jan 19, 2018, at 2:53 AM, Joel M. Halpern <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Thank you Dave.

While there was not as much support as we would have liked, there chairs have concluded that there is sufficient support to request RFC publication of this document.

We would like to ask for a volunteer to shepherd it.  This would be a non-author who is willing to help us with the process.  We will provide assistance, etc.  (Tal just did the Convent document, so we are looking for a WG member this time.)

Yours,
Joel (& Jim)

-----Original Message-----
From: sfc [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:39 AM
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-06.txt

_______________________________________________
sfc mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sfc