Subject: [sfc] Alissa Cooper's Abstain on draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 06:47:36 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-09: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Benjamin's DISCUSS. In particular, each of the options presented
in Section 4.1 seem to have challenges that could render them unworkable, and
no insights from deployment experience are provided to explain why they are in
fact workable in practice. I think it would be preferable to do the further
analysis suggested by Alvaro before publishing an informational document about
hSFC. With that said, given that this is an informational document I wouldn't
stand in the way of it being published.