Subject: [sfc] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam-11.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 06:37:56 -0700

Dear All,
we've updated this draft to position it as the definition and introduction
of active OAM in SFC NSH in networks. Also, we've added text to clarify how
active OAM is identified in NSH.
Appreciate your reviews, questions, comments, and suggestions.

Dear WG Chairs,
we believe that the draft is stable, readable, and addresses very much
needed technical aspect of OAM in SFC, to empower operators with the right
tools to operate SFC in networks. Appreciate your consideration to
issuing a call for WG adoption of this draft.

Regards,
Greg
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 6:28 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam-11.txt
To: Bhumip Khasnabish <[email-masked]>, Gregory Mirsky <
[email-masked]>, Wei Meng <[email-masked]>, "Cui(Linda) Wang" <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam-11.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam
Revision:       11
Title:          Active OAM for Service Function Chains in Networks
Document date:  2018-07-26
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          15
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-sfc-multi-
layer-oam-11.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-sfc-multi-
layer-oam/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-
oam-11
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-sfc-multi-
layer-oam
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wang-sfc-multi-
layer-oam-11

Abstract:
   A set of requirements for active Operation, Administration and
   Maintenance (OAM) of Service Function Chains (SFCs) in networks is
   presented.  Based on these requirements an encapsulation of active
   OAM message in SFC and a mechanism to detect and localize defects
   described.  Also, this document updates RFC 8300 in the definition of
   O (OAM) bit in the Network Service Header (NSH) and defines how the
   active OAM message identified in SFC NSH.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat