Subject: [sfc] ACM SIGCOMM Symposium on SDN Research (SOSR) 2020 Call for Demos and Posters

From: Soudeh Ghorbani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 18:13:09 -0500

*Call for Demos and Posters - SOSR 2020*

The ACM Symposium on SDN Research (SOSR) demos and posters session
showcases research projects that are in an early stage and could benefit
from community feedback. Topics of interest are the same as research topics
in the SOSR call for papers. We particularly invite the submission of
emerging results in SDN research that address timely problems, that can
help evolve the landscape of SDN, that enhance our understanding of how SDN
works in real-world deployments or realistic testbeds, or that could
influence further applied research and experimentation in industry. The
SOSR 2020 Demos and Posters committee will review all proposals.

All demos will be provided with table space, an external display, a poster
board and wireless Internet access by default. The demos should be
configured to run in a cloud environment accessible via Internet and
presented from the exhibition space floor on the demonstrator's laptop. Any
additional needs (beyond the defaults: table, monitor, Internet) such as
equipment for the demo, required setup time or additional facilities must
be requested with submission.

If you have interesting early-stage work, which has not yet evolved into a
fully-fledged demo, please consider submitting a poster proposal.
*What is a poster?*

We expect both poster and demo presenters to prepare a poster. A poster is
A0 paper size in portrait mode (841 × 1189mm), to which you can affix
visually appealing material that describes your research. Alternatively,
you can use the space as a continuum. You should prepare the best material
(visually appealing and succinct) that effectively communicates your
research problem, techniques, results, and what is novel/important about
the work. You do not submit such a large-format image; only an abstract
describing in text what the poster would present.
*What to submit*

Please submit your demo or poster proposal in the form of a two-page
abstract in PDF. The abstract should clearly state: (a) the problem being
addressed, (b) what makes this problem interesting, important, and
challenging, (c) your approach to the problem, and (d) the key
contributions.

If you are submitting a demo, you should also include a video clip
showcasing the work, in addition to the abstract. The video should be no
more than 3 minutes and should give a good idea of what the demo is about
and what it would look like. A link to the video should be included in the
abstract PDF.

Prepare your abstract using the 10 point format following the *2017 ACM
SIG LaTeX style file <http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template>*.
Use the sample latex file sample-sigconf.tex. Word documents will not be
accepted. The abstracts of accepted posters and demos will be available to
all attendees at the conference.

Students who are submitting demos/posters are highly encouraged to examine
if they are eligible for student travel grants.
*Where to submit*

Please submit your abstract to https://sosr20posters.hotcrp.com/
<https://sosr19posters.hotcrp.com/>. Submissions are single blind, so
please include authors' names and affiliation.
*Important Dates*
Submission Deadline: January 24, 2020 (23:59 PST)
Acceptance Notification: February 3, 2020
Camera-ready Deadline: February 17, 2020