Subject: [Sframe] Adopting draft-omara-sframe-03

From: Bobo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 10:56:50 -0800

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for your constructive feedback on adopting the latest SFrame draft,
draft-omara-sframe-03 (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-omara-sframe/
).

After reviewing the comments we think the appropriate next step is to adopt
draft-omara-sframe-03 as an item for our working group.

Adopting paves the way for the editors taking a first step at tackling the
feedback raised.

In particular, we note the following open issues for future work:

1. Agnostic approach to SFrame vs. SPacket - each has pros/cons

2. Splitting out E2EE / key management material into an appendix as stage
setting

3. Articulate goals, threat model, and use cases more clearly (likely will
be aided by refactoring non-SFrame/SPacket materials into appendix)

Please see specific prior emails, e.g. from Bernard and Eric, for detailed
feedback and discussion.

Thanks,
Bobo (for the Chairs)