Subject: [sidr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 18:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The RPKI/Router Protocol
	Author(s)       : R. Bush, R. Austein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-06.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-01-05

In order to formally validate the origin ASes of BGP announcements,
routers need a simple but reliable mechanism to receive RPKI
[I-D.ietf-sidr-arch] or analogous prefix origin data from a trusted
cache.  This document describes a protocol to deliver validated
prefix origin data to routers over ssh.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 11:36:39 +0900

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-06.txt

-   A router establishes and keeps open an authenticated connection to a
-   cache with which it has a client/server relationship.  It is
-   configured with a semi-ordered list of caches, and establishes a
+   A router establishes and keeps open an authenticated connection to
+   one or more caches with which it has client/server relationships.  It
+   is configured with a semi-ordered list of caches, and establishes a
    connection to the most preferred cache, or set of caches, which
-   accepts one.
+   accept the connections.
+
+   The router MUST choose the most preferred, by configuration, cache or
+   set of caches so that the operator may control load on their caches
+   and the Global RPKI.

thanks to keyur and david for catching this gap

randy