Subject: [sidr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sidr-pfx-validate-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 13:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : BGP Prefix Origin Validation
	Author(s)       : P. Mohapatra, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-pfx-validate-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-02-07

To help reduce well-known threats against BGP including prefix mis-
announcing and monkey-in-the-middle attacks, one of the security
requirements is the ability to validate the origination AS of BGP
routes.  More specifically, one needs to validate that the AS number
claiming to originate an address prefix (as derived from the AS_PATH
attribute of the BGP route) is in fact authorized by the prefix
holder to do so.  This document describes a simple validation
mechanism to partially satisfy this requirement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-pfx-validate-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.