Subject: [sidr] WGLC draft-sidr-rpki-rtr - take 2?

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:39:19 -0500

Ok folk,
The rpki-rtr document:
  <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr>

went through WGLC on version ~02, it's since had a slight mod (added a
Cache-nonce added) which is here in section 4.1:

"The Cache Nonce reassures the router that the serial numbers are
   comensurate, i.e. the cache session has not been changed."

and again in 4.2:
"The Cache Nonce tells the cache what instance the router expects to
   ensure that the serial numbers are comensurate, i.e. the cache
   session has not been changed."

and again in 4.4:
"In response to a Reset Query, the Cache Nonce tells the router the
   instance of the cache session for future confirmation.  In response
   to a Serial Query, the Cache Nonce reassures the router that the
   serial numbers are comensurate, i.e. the cache session has not been
   changed."

and again in 4.7:
"The Cache Nonce MUST be the same as that of the corresponding Cache
   Response which began the, possibly null, sequence of data PDUs."

There's not much meat to the actual change, and the authors identified
the problem on their own. So, in the spirit of valentines day, let's
decide by Friday Feb 18, 2011 23:59 UTC if things are still ok to move
forward. If there are no further comments/issues I'll push this
version out over the weekend to the AD's as a publication request.

-Chris
<co-chair-messenger-bag==off>