Subject: [sidr] regarding the status of: draft-manderson-iana-objects-03.txt

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 21:30:06 -0500

Howdy SIDR folk,
<co-chair-underoos==on - spiderman!>
So, apparently I (at least) had thought this was taken care of
sometime after the Maastricht in-person meeting where I believe Terry
said he'd write this doc, in that the WG had already decided there was
a need for IANA registries and some guidance to the IANA function
about how to deal with the registries (what sort of requests they may
receive and such). Apparently this sat in a dark email-hole until Mr
Bryant piped up with a 'what is up with this doc? Why is it not a WG
Doc already and on it's merry way to IESG/AD review?'

So, in keeping with that set of ideals, in 48 hrs if no one complains
on-list otherwise this doc is a WC doc. We'll get Terry to re-spin the
name and then start WGLC.

Thanks!
-Chris
</underoos==off>

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 21:32:51 -0500

Oh, actually I'm confused, the timeline on the doc is the same, only
this is advice to IANA about what kind of objects (RPKI Objects) the
IANA is to create/generate in support of RPKI.

>From the summary:
"The signed objects described here that IANA will issue are the
   unallocated, reserved, special use IPv4 and IPv6 address blocks, and
   reserved Autonomous System numbers.  These number resources are
   managed by IANA for the IETF, and thus IANA bears the responsibility
   of issuing the corresponding RPKI objects.  "

-Chris
</underoos==off for real>

---

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 18:37:10 -0800

... so Chris is moving faster than I am :)

I'll have the public -00 uploaded in a few minutes.

Cheers
Terry

On 4/02/11 12:32 PM, "Christopher Morrow" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

---

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 18:41:40 -0800

-00 indv. draft available at
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-manderson-iana-objects-00.txt

..T

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 20:12:03 -0500

Helo, 3 days on and... no commentary, so:

  o this is now a WG doc
(http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-manderson-iana-objects-00.txt)
  o terry ought to change the title and resubmit
  o shortly we'll make some WGLC motions for this as well (like
tomorrow 2/9/2011 so terry has time from down-under to read/post)

thanks!

-Chris