Subject: [sidr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 13:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The RPKI/Router Protocol
	Author(s)       : R. Bush, R. Austein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-08.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-02-15

In order to formally validate the origin ASes of BGP announcements,
routers need a simple but reliable mechanism to receive RPKI
[I-D.ietf-sidr-arch] or analogous prefix origin data from a trusted
cache.  This document describes a protocol to deliver validated
prefix origin data to routers over ssh.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 08:39:51 +0800

this just cleaned up id nits

randy

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:45:56 +0100

Belatedly looking at this, I believe that the SSH subsystem name should be
registered with IANA.

Also, my experience of the IESG is that they will want more by way of security
considerations.

The recent draft-ietf-netconf-rfc4742bis gives exemplars of what I have in mind.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:15 PM
Subject: [sidr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-08.txt

> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr
>

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:46:52 +0800

thanks, tom

> Belatedly looking at this, I believe that the SSH subsystem name should be

      <t>This document requests the IANA to add an SSH Subsystem Name of
        rpkirtr, as defined in <xref target="RFC4250"/>.

> Also, my experience of the IESG is that they will want more by way of
> security considerations.
> 

interesting.  i worry that it will cycle a call.  so let's wait for the
iesg.  cool?

randy

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:53:06 +0800

i have 

      The ssh identity of the cache server MUST be verified and
      authenticated by the router client, and vice versa, before any
      data are exchanged.

queued for the security section of next version

randy