Subject: [sidr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sidr-signed-object-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:45:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Signed Object Template for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure
	Author(s)       : M. Lepinski, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-signed-object-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-05-10

This document defines a generic profile for signed objects used in
the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI).  These RPKI signed
objects make use of Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) as a standard
encapsulation format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-signed-object-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Andrew Chi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 18:01:27 -0400

This is in response to Stephen Farrell's discuss.  We've added IANA 
instructions to create a registry for signed-object OIDs.  Note: OIDs, 
not filename extensions b/c future types might not all be signed 
objects.  (The filename extension registry is requested by -repos-struct.)

The signed-object registry will be initially populated with the ROA and 
manifest OIDs; the -roa-format and -manifests docs can move forward 
without modification.

-Andrew

On 05/10/2011 05:45 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 06:30:43 +0200

> manifest OIDs; the -roa-format and -manifests docs can move forward 

ghostbusters too, please

    1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.1.35

randy

---

From: Matt Lepinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 11:08:32 -0400

Randy,

The registry we are creating contains (along with the OID and a 
descriptive name) a specification pointer so that an implementer looking 
at the registry can find the spec for the signed object in question.

I'm willing to add a reference to ghostbusters in the signed-object 
draft, but my concern is that adding a reference to ghostbusters might 
delay publication of the signed object draft. (As signed objects is in 
IESG review and is now very close to publication.)

If we did not add a reference to ghostbusters in the signed-object 
draft, then the way forward would be for ghostbusters to contain a very 
short IANA considerations section that says: "Please add the following 
triple to the signed object registry specified in [reference to signed 
object]. <insert triple here>"

If the working group chairs could provide advice on the best way to 
proceed forward (either adding a reference to ghostbusters in the 
signed-object draft, or else adding an IANA considerations section to 
ghostbusters) I would appreciate it.

- Matt Lepinski

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 17:13:26 +0200

if manifest and roa are also in iesg, then i can see your point.  and
the ghostbusters draft was waiting for signed-object to open the
registry in any case, just as i presume manifest and roa would be.

randy

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 11:26:35 -0400

>registry in any case, just as i presume manifest and roa would be.

ROA format is on the IESG telechat for tomorrow.

manifests had the DISCUSS cleared and is good to go,
awaiting action by Stewart (I believe).

In contrast, ghostbusters is in the "I-D Exists" state, far behind in the
approval process.

Steve

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 18:23:35 +0100

On Friday I will go down the list of sidr docs that are approved
making sure that there are no issues that I overlooked and
should be sending out a bunch of approval notices then.

- Stewart

-- 
For corporate legal information go to:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html