Subject: [sidr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-rescerts-provisioning-10.txt> (A Protocol for Provisioning Resource Certificates) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 07:59:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Inter-Domain Routing WG
(sidr) to consider the following document:
- 'A Protocol for Provisioning Resource Certificates'
  <draft-ietf-sidr-rescerts-provisioning-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a framework for certificate management
   interactions between a resource issuer ("Issuer") and a resource
   recipient ("Subject") through the specification of a protocol for
   interaction between the two parties.  The protocol supports the
   transmission of requests from the Subject, and corresponding
   responses from the Issuer encompassing the actions of certificate
   issuance, certificate revocation and certificate status information
   reports.  This protocol is intended to be limited to the application
   of resource certificate management and is not intended to be used as
   part of a more general certificate management framework.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rescerts-provisioning/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rescerts-provisioning/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

Two downrefs occur in this document:  RFC2986 and RFC5781.

RFC5781 is already registered in the downref registry:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/DownrefRegistry