Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-usecases-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:25:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Use Cases and Interpretation of RPKI Objects for Issuers and Relying Parties
	Author(s)       : Terry Manderson
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-usecases-02.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2011-06-21

   This document provides use cases, directions, and interpretations for
   organizations and relying parties when creating or encountering RPKI
   object scenarios in the public RPKI in relation to the Internet
   routing system.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-usecases-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-usecases-02.txt

---

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:37:03 -0700

Folks,

Now that the various SIDR drafts that detail RPKI are almost out the door,
we (the authors) have completed the interpretations of the rpki objects and
have uploaded the latest.

Review and feedback much appreciated!

One item I will call out is that sidr-usecases follows the example in
roa-format (section 3.3) where a single ROA is used that contains multiple
specific ROAIPAddress elements, versus the position of origin-ops which
suggests multiple ROAs. (neither is wrong BTW, just different approaches).

eg
a single ROA with:
      +----------------------------------------------+
      | asID     | address           | maxLength     |
      +----------------------------------------------+
      | 64496    | 10.1.0.0/16       |    16         |
      |          |-----------------------------------+
      |          | 10.1.0.0/20       |    20         |
      +----------------------------------------------+

versus 2 ROAs that contain

      ROA 1
      +----------------------------------------------+
      | asID     | address           | maxLength     |
      +----------------------------------------------+
      | 64496    | 10.1.0.0/16       |    16         |
      +----------------------------------------------+

      ROA 2
      +----------------------------------------------+
      | asID     | address           | maxLength     |
      +----------------------------------------------+
      | 64496    | 10.1.0.0/16       |    16         |
      +----------------------------------------------+

Cheers
Terry

On 22/06/11 11:25 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing
> Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

---

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 02:14:56 -0700

The second ROA (ROA 2) below would of course be address 10.1.0.0/20 maxlength  20.

Apologies for the cut/paste error.

Cheers
Terry

On 22/06/2011, at 11:37 AM, "Terry Manderson" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

a single ROA with:

     ROA 1

     ROA 2

Cheers
Terry

On 22/06/11 11:25 AM, "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
wrote:

       Title           : Use Cases and Interpretation of RPKI Objects for
Issuers and Relying Parties
       Author(s)       : Terry Manderson
                         Kotikalapudi Sriram
                         Russ White
       Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-usecases-02.txt
       Pages           : 30
       Date            : 2011-06-21

[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
sidr mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr