Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-ghostbusters-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 01:34:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The RPKI Ghostbusters Record
	Author(s)       : Randy Bush
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-ghostbusters-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-06-28

   In the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI), resource
   certificates completely obscure names or any other information which
   might be useful for contacting responsible parties to deal with
   issues of certificate expiration, maintenance, roll-overs,
   compromises, etc.  This draft describes the RPKI Ghostbusters Record
   containing human contact information to be signed (indirectly) by a
   resource-owning certificate.  The data in the record are those of a
   severely profiled vCARD.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-ghostbusters-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-ghostbusters-04.txt

---

From: Michael Elkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:06:17 -0700

>   VERSION -  pro forma packaging which MUST be the second line in the
>      vCARD and MUST have the value "VERSION:4.0" as described in 3.6.9
>      of [I-D.ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev].

Given that the Ghostbuster vCard profile does not allow any features from the
4.0 version, is there a compelling reason to require the latest version here?
There is already running code with 3.0 that would otherwise be able to produce
a compliant Ghostbuster object.

Does the reference to I-D.ietf-vcarddav-vcarddev mandate the use of 4.0?

me

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 05:37:25 +0900

> Given that the Ghostbuster vCard profile does not allow any features
> from the 4.0 version, is there a compelling reason to require the
> latest version here?

i was whacked by the apps ads

> There is already running code with 3.0 that would otherwise be able to
> produce a compliant Ghostbuster object.

sorry

> Does the reference to I-D.ietf-vcarddav-vcarddev mandate the use of

i think so.

i think the thought in the iesg is that, as we are just behind vcard in
the process chain (it is in rfced queue), we should follow.  and the
ietf is all about process :(

randy