Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-turner-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-00.txt (fwd)

From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 17:14:33 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

I noticed the following announcement.  This looks to be of interest to the 
wg.

--Sandy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 07:36:23 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-turner-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

 	Title           : A Profile for BGPSEC Router Certificates, Certificate Revocation Lists, and Certification Requests
 	Author(s)       : Mark Reynolds
                           Sean Turner
 	Filename        : draft-turner-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-00.txt
 	Pages           : 11
 	Date            : 2011-07-26

    This document defines a standard profile for X.509 certificates for
    the purposes of supporting validation of Autonomous System (AS) paths
    in the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), as part of an extension to that
    protocol known as BGPSEC.  BGP is a critical component for the proper
    operation of the Internet as a whole.  The BGPSEC protocol is under
    development as a component to address the requirement to provide
    security for the BGP protocol.  The goal of BGPSEC is to design a
    protocol for full AS path validation based on the use of strong
    cryptographic primitives.  The end-entity (EE) certificates specified
    by this profile are issued under Resource Public Key Infrastructure
    (RPKI) Certification Authority (CA) certificates, containing the AS
    number extension, to routers within the Autonomous System (AS).  The
    certificate asserts that the router(s) holding the private key are
    authorized to send out secure route advertisements on behalf of the
    specified AS.  This document also profiles the Certificate Revocation
    List (CRL), profiles the format of certification requests, and
    specifies Relying Party certificate path validation procedures.  The
    document extends the RPKI; therefore, this documents updates the RPKI
    Resource Certificates Profile (draft-ietf-sidr-res-certs).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-turner-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-turner-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-00.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt