Subject: [sidr] CORRECTED Protocol Action: 'A Profile for Resource Certificate Repository Structure' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-repos-struct-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:14:36 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Profile for Resource Certificate Repository Structure'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-repos-struct-09.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-repos-struct/

Technical Summary

This document defines a profile for the structure of the Resource PKI
distributed repository.  Each individual repository publication point
is a directory that contains files that correspond to X.509 / PKIX
Resource Certificates, Certificate Revocation Lists and signed
objects.  This profile defines the recommended object (file) naming
scheme, the recommended contents of repository publication points
(directories), and a suggested internal structure of a local
repository cache that is intended to facilitate synchronization
across a distributed collection of repository publication points and
facilitate certification path construction.

Working Group Summary

The working group considered the use of standardized file extensions
in the draft and decided that the best mechanism was to establish an
IANA registry.  Creating an IANA registry required a new IANA
considerations section, which created a small delay waiting for a
new version.

Document Quality

There are no concerns about the document quality.  It has been reviewed
in the working group many times and has been implemented by several
independent implementers.

Personnel

Sandra Murphy ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.

Stewart Bryant ([email-masked]) is the Responsible Area Director.