Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 09:39:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The RPKI/Router Protocol
	Author(s)       : Randy Bush
                          Rob Austein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-17.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2011-10-01

   In order to formally validate the origin ASs of BGP announcements,
   routers need a simple but reliable mechanism to receive RPKI
   [I-D.ietf-sidr-arch] prefix origin data from a trusted cache.  This
   document describes a protocol to deliver validated prefix origin data
   to routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-17.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-17.txt

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 15:17:06 +0200

When this says, in s.7.2, that the CN field should be used to denote the
router's identity, is there any underlying idea what form that should take?
serial number, sysName, iPAddress or is it open to anything?

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2011 6:39 PM
Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-17.txt

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing
Working Group of the IETF.
> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 10:01:07 -0400

> serial number, sysName, iPAddress or is it open to anything?

after a long discussion ... err, 'open to anything' seems like the right answer.
you only care about it from cache -> router or router -> cache, so you
can know sally's talking to bob, not jane.

-chris
<wg-regular-dude>