Subject: [sidr] draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-17.txt

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 10:10:51 -0400

could the chairs please pass $subject to the iesg?  i am only aware of
one possible issue raised in wglc, tp asked for a hyphen somewhere but
did not respond to my asking him to be specific where.  if this mystery
is solved, i presume it can be handled in the iesg or auth48.

randy

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 10:52:42 -0400

> is solved, i presume it can be handled in the iesg or auth48.

I believe Tom's issue was addressed in conversation (with mr weiler?),
but if not probably we can catch the problem in IESG review comment
recovery :)

I'll forward on the document to the IESG today + the writeup, of course.

-Chris

(If the authors could wrangle:
  ** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 2385 (Obsoleted by RFC 5925)

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 4808

that'd be helpful to the process, again these can be caught in the
IESG review fixups as well)

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:28:16 -0700

> but if not probably we can catch the problem in IESG review comment

cool

> IESG review fixups as well)

see -18 going up now

randy

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:53:20 -0400

>> IESG review fixups as well)

ok, thanks! though I suspect you'd also have some stuff to pick at
when iesg starts making noise... so was happy to just wait until then.

-chris

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:52:55 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Morrow" <[email-masked]>
To: "Randy Bush" <[email-masked]>; "t.petch" <[email-masked]>; "Samuel
Weiler" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "sidr wg list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 4:52 PM

<tp>
Chris

I raised the problem but the solution, replacement text, was supplied by Joe in
an e-mail to yourself (and the list) 27Sep2011.

Tom Petch

</tp>

-Chris

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:28:21 -0400

> an e-mail to yourself (and the list) 27Sep2011.

ah! I skipped that.. I'll send that along to randy if he's not already
caught the fix.

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:54:51 -0700

>> IESG review fixups as well)

RFC 2385 references should not be replaced with RFC 5925; they're 
incorrect as currently written (in -18); they refer to sections and text 
that don't exist in RFC 5925 (e.g., how to configure TCP MD5)y.

This doc deliberately cites an obsoleted doc; the best solution would be 
to ask the RFC-Editor whether it's preferable to leave it in the 
normative section or move it to informative. Either way, the reference 
should remain directly to 2385 when TCP MD5 is discussed.

Joe