Subject: [sidr] draft-ietf-bgpsec-protocol-05

From: Matt Lepinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 16:33:56 -0400

I have submitted an -05 version of the BGPSEC protocol specification.

This includes changes that we discussed at the meeting in Vancouver 
(including clarity on duplicate updates, as well as clarity that 
confederations MAY choose not to verify signatures from other members of 
the confederation).

Additionally, I fleshed out the algorithm in Section 4.4 for converting 
from a BGPSEC_Path_Signatures attribute to an AS_PATH attribute. (And in 
general improved the text on how information in the 
BGPSEC_Path_Signatures attribute should be used in place of AS_PATH 
information whenever AS_PATH information is required.)

Finally, I fixed a bug in the confederation solution (Section 4.3) that 
was discussed on the SIDR list shortly after the Vancouver meeting. The 
confederation solution now better mirrors the way confederations are 
handled in BGP-4 (non-BGPSEC).

Oh, and I fixed a couple of stupid typos in the Bibliography, I am sure 
there are still a few other such typos sitting around in various 
sections, but I believe all of the outstanding technical issues have 
been addressed.

- Matt Lepinski

---

From: "Murphy, Sandra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 23:02:23 +0000

Thanks to Matt for an impressive amount of work.

I encourage the working group to look at this draft right away.

This will be a major focus of our interim meeting on 29 Sep.

--Sandy

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] on behalf of Matt Lepinski [[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 4:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [sidr] draft-ietf-bgpsec-protocol-05

- Matt Lepinski
_______________________________________________
sidr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

---

From: "Murphy, Sandra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 23:05:24 +0000

That's:

--Sandy, speaking as wg co-chair
________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] on behalf of Murphy, Sandra [[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 7:02 PM
To: Matt Lepinski; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [sidr] draft-ietf-bgpsec-protocol-05

--Sandy

- Matt Lepinski