Subject: [sidr] Fwd: [OPSEC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-00.txt

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:12:17 -0500

of interest ... sounds like (from the abstract) this is more along the
lines of a BCP.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Subject: [OPSEC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-00.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities
for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP operations and security
        Author(s)       : Jerome Durand
                          Ivan Pepelnjak
                          Gert Doering
        Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-00.txt
        Pages           : 24
        Date            : 2013-01-18

Abstract:
   BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) is the protocol almost exclusively used
   in the Internet to exchange routing information between network
   domains.  Due to this central nature, it's important to understand
   the security measures that can and should be deployed to prevent
   accidental or intentional routing disturbances.

   This document describes measures to protect the BGP sessions itself
   (like TTL, MD5, control plane filtering) and to better control the
   flow of routing information, using prefix filtering and
   automatization of prefix filters, max-prefix filtering, AS path
   filtering, route flap dampening and BGP community scrubbing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
OPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsec