Subject: [sidr] BCP 182, RFC 6916 on Algorithm Agility Procedure for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:37:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 182        
        RFC 6916

        Title:      Algorithm Agility Procedure for the 
                    Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) 
        Author:     R. Gagliano, S. Kent,
                    S. Turner
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 48395
        See Also:   BCP0182

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-algorithm-agility-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6916.txt

This document specifies the process that Certification Authorities
(CAs) and Relying Parties (RPs) participating in the Resource Public
Key Infrastructure (RPKI) will need to follow to transition to a new
(and probably cryptographically stronger) algorithm set.  The process
is expected to be completed over a timescale of several years.
Consequently, no emergency transition is specified.  The transition
procedure defined in this document supports only a top-down migration
(parent migrates before children).

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC