Subject: [sidr] RPSTIR v0.8

From: Andrew Chi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 16:46:59 -0400

Quick announcement: we've released a new version of the BBN RPKI 
validator, Relying Party Security Technology for Internet Routing 
(RPSTIR).  As before, it's BSD licensed, and can be downloaded here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/rpstir/

Change Log for version 0.8:

* Support Ghostbusters Records [RFC 6493].
* Fix a SQL injection bug when a filename in a manifest contains certain
   characters.
* Fix a bug where CRLs were not being marked as invalid when their
   issuers became invalid and manifests were not being marked as invalid
   when their associated EE certificates became invalid.
* Fix the query client (rpstir-query) to not consider it an error
   when no results are returned for a query.
* Require ROA EE certificates to explicitly specify IP resources.
   That is, disallow RFC 3779 "inherit" bit in ROA EE certificates.
* Add functionality to rpstir-results for outputting simple lists
   of good and bad URIs, to simplify comparison testing.
* On installation, create ${bindir} if it does not already exist.
* Improve README based on user feedback.

We welcome feedback and bug reports at [email-masked].

Andrew