Subject: [sidr] FYI

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 10:49:20 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[ISA] [ncc-announce] [news] Expansion of eligible address 
space for Resource Certification (RPKI)
Date: 	Thu, 10 Oct 2013 14:35:13 +0200
From: 	Alex Band <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>

Dear colleagues,

When the Resource Certification (RPKI) service was launched in 
2011, only address space allocated to the RIPE NCC directly by IANA 
was eligible for certification. Today, we are happy to announce that 
all address space that was historically transferred to the RIPE NCC from 
other Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) is also eligible.

These ranges are so called "minority" address space, meaning that 
the full /8 block is managed by one of the four other RIRs, but a subset 
is managed by the RIPE NCC. LIRs who hold address space in these 
minority ranges will automatically have those resources added to 
their certificate, if they already have one. Starting today, they can 
create Route Origin Authorisations (ROAs) for the BGP announcements that 
they make with these prefixes.

Resource Certification (RPKI) is a free service offered by all RIRs 
to offer BGP Origin Validation. It allows operators to request a 
digital certificate containing their Internet number resources and 
make cryptographically verifiable statements about their intended 
BGP announcements. These ROAs allow other network operators to make 
reliable routing decisions. In the RIPE NCC service region, more than 
1,600 LIRs have requested a resource certificate and created ROAs for 
over six /8s worth of address space.

To read more about this service, please visit:
http://ripe.net/certification

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us 
at <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>

Kind regards,

Alex Band
Product Manager
RIPE NCC