Subject: [sidr] RPSTIR v0.9 Released

From: Edric Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 14:25:46 -0400

We released a new version of the BBN RPKI validator, Relying Party
Security Technology for Internet Routing (RPSTIR). This update focused
on portable RFC and Internet-Draft conformance tests, which are
available independent of the validator.

Conformance Cases: rsync://rpki.bbn.com/conformance/
Conformance Cases Readme: rsync://rpki.bbn.com/conformance/README
RPSTIR: https://sourceforge.net/projects/rpstir/
Contact: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Change log for version 0.9:

  * Add many more conformance test cases, around 350 total. (See
    doc/conformance-cases for the full list.) These test cases can be
    used by relying party software to test compliance with published
    RFCs and Internet-Drafts. Additionally, relying party software that
    passes the tests can be used to test the output of a Certification
    Authority.
  * Fix bugs found by the above test cases.
  * Add a pseudo-random factor to the calculation of how long to wait
    before retrying an rsync connection. This should help prevent many
    relying parties from hitting the same server at the same time.
  * Implement basic support for collecting statistics of the RPKI over time.

-- 
Edric Barnes