Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-rtr-keying-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 07:10:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Router Keying for BGPsec
        Authors         : Sean Turner
                          Keyur Patel
                          Randy Bush
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-rtr-keying-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-04-29

Abstract:
   BGPsec-speaking routers are provisioned with private keys to sign BGP
   messages; the corresponding public keys are published in the global
   RPKI (Resource Public Key Infrastructure) thereby enabling
   verification of BGPsec messages.  This document describes two ways of
   provisioning the public-private key-pairs: router-driven and
   operator-driven.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rtr-keying/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-rtr-keying-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidr-rtr-keying-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 10:14:25 -0400

Hi,

This version includes a new section 4 that addresses key management (i.e., keep a timer to make sure your cert doesn’t expire).  There’s also some editorial/readability corrections.  Please review as the authors think this version pretty much wraps up what we wanted to say.

spt

On Apr 29, 2014, at 10:10, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: "George, Wes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 16:26:17 -0400

This update address my comments on the document, and I think it’s in good
shape now. The new section 4 is really good. The one thing I might
recommend adding for completeness is a few additional words around
revocation process at the end of section 4, specifically if there is any
difference or recommendation in process for make before break (provision
new key, then revoke old) or when that may not be a good idea compared
with the risk of outage caused by revoking and then rekeying. It may be as
simple as saying something similar to the above about whether a router
supports multiple private keys or not, but I’m not sure if there are
additional considerations that need to be discussed.

Thanks,

Wes

On 4/29/14, 10:14 AM, "Sean Turner" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This version includes a new section 4 that addresses key management
>(i.e., keep a timer to make sure your cert doesn’t expire).  There’s also
>some editorial/readability corrections.  Please review as the authors
>think this version pretty much wraps up what we wanted to say.
>
>spt
>
>sidr mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.