Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 07:06:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : The Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) to Router Protocol
        Authors         : Randy Bush
                          Rob Austein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2014-04-04

Abstract:
   In order to verifiably validate the origin Autonomous Systems of BGP
   announcements, routers need a simple but reliable mechanism to
   receive Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RFC 6480) prefix origin
   data from a trusted cache.  This document describes a protocol to
   deliver validated prefix origin data to routers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 10:15:53 -0400

This version includes the proposed change to the format of the Router
Key PDU.  The new format holds exactly one ASN per PDU, thus requiring
multiple PDUs in the case where a single key is bound to more than one
ASN.  Inelegant, but simplifies the protocol semantics.

Several minor changes originally slated for -01 were overtaken by the
above (eg, the entire discussion about ordering of ASNs within a PDU
becomes moot when there can be only one).

Diffs from previous versions:

http://subvert-ietf.hactrn.net/sidr-rpki-rtr-bis/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-01-from-00.diff.html
http://subvert-ietf.hactrn.net/sidr-rpki-rtr-bis/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-01-from-rfc6810.diff.html