Subject: [sidr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-reqs-11.txt> (Security Requirements for BGP Path Validation) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 14:38:22 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Inter-Domain Routing WG
(sidr) to consider the following document:
- 'Security Requirements for BGP Path Validation'
  <draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-reqs-11.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-07-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes requirements for a BGP security protocol
   design to provide cryptographic assurance that the origin AS had the
   right to announce the prefix and to provide assurance of the AS Path
   of the announcement.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-reqs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-reqs/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.