Subject: [sidr] Protocol Action: 'Policy Qualifiers in RPKI Certificates' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-policy-qualifiers-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 11:51:02 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Policy Qualifiers in RPKI Certificates'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-policy-qualifiers-01.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alia Atlas and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-policy-qualifiers/

Technical Summary

      This document updates RFC 6487 by clarifying the inclusion of policy
      qualifiers in the certificate policies extension of RPKI resource
      certificates.  RFC 6487 does not specifically allow or disallow
      the PolicyQualifierInfo objects that are allowed by RFC5280.

Working Group Summary

      Working group discussion was energetic but brief during adoption
      and almost immediate wglc.  Consensus was clear.

Document Quality
      This extension was verified to be consistent with
      three (all known) RPKI validator implementations.

      Neither MIB, Media Type, nor other expert review was
      applicable to this draft.

Personnel

      The Document Shepherd is Sandra Murphy
      The Responsible Area Director is Alia Atlas