Subject: Re: [sidr] [Idr] 1 WG call for Review draft-ietf-sidr-origin-validation-signaling-04 - RFC4271 changes

From: "George, Wes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 11:25:10 -0400

On 6/13/14, 5:07 AM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>If this is the choosen way, draft-ietf-sidr-origin-validation-signaling
>should also say that:
>- ASBR should remove such community from routes received over eBGP
>sessions (possibly modulo confederation, 2 AS from the same
>organization/trusted...)
>- this community must not be used in the AS until all ASBR are upgraded
>to support draft-ietf-sidr-origin-validation-signaling

Just wanted to note that as an operator of a network where my Autonomous
System (i.e. The span of the network under common control) spans multiple
Autonomous System NUMBERS, these carve-outs to handle confeds and multiple
ASNs from same org are pretty important if I am to implement Origin
Validation. Being able to validate at external ASBRs and keep that info
across the internal ASN boundaries would make a deployment in networks
like mine much simpler than if we have to revalidate at the internal ASBRs.

Thanks
Wes George

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.