Subject: [sidr] Agenda discussion topics

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 16:47:02 -0400

Howdy SIDR folk!

So in getting ready for Toronto a few things seem like they should be on
the agenda, though we've (chair-folk) not heard +/- from the authors of
these documents/ideas:

1) Validation Algorithm Document/process - We've talked about this
on-list a bit, and in at least 3 face-to-face meetings, the document was:
  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huston-rpki-validation-01>

and recently became this:
  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-validation-reconsidered>

Reading this and talking about it at the meeting seems in order, to me
at least.

2) SLURM/Suspenders/LTA - What should happen to LTA things with
referenced documents being at least:
  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dseomn-sidr-slurm-00.txt>
  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-ltamgmt>
  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kent-sidr-suspenders-01>

There's a bit of draft work around this, and considerable discussion...
it seems useful (to me at least) to talk about where this is going and
efficacy of the approaches being considered of late.

3) Router Keying Communication of cert to CA.
  There's been a thread on the sidr list titled:
 "Conflict between rtr-keying, bgpsec-pki-profile, and RFC 6487"
  which seems to need some conversation.
   The relevant documents are:
  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-rtr-keying>
  and
  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles>
  and
  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6487>

4) AS Migration - Wes's Discussion about
  a) standards or informational track for the document
  b) Is this 'MUST' implement for BGPSEC implementations or SHOULD?

  The drafts for this are:
  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-as-migration>
  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-as-migration>

  The conversation clipped above as 'a and b' came up during WGLC (by
the author), a short discussion in person will, I think, be helpful to
move these two documents forward.

-chris
co-chair

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 15:05:53 -0400

Chris,

> Reading this and talking about it at the meeting seems in order, to me
I quickly glanced at the new version of this doc. It seems to be a 
reasonable
starting point for WG discussion, since it tries to focus on the problem
and not mandate a solution. Since the author list now has a representative
from every RIR, I'd like to see a discussion of what procedures the RIRs 
envision
to help minimize the likelihood of the problem arising (I offered some 
examples a
while ago), so that we understand the likelihood of this problem arising 
(at the RIR
tier) after such procedures are employed.

>    <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kent-sidr-suspenders-01>
David and I just updated the 1st and 3rd docs above, referencing Randy's
uses cases I-D. As we noted earlier, we would like to kill the 2nd doc 
above,
and replace it with the other two. Either David or I will plan to speak
briefly on this topic in Toronto.

Steve