Subject: [sidr] Proposal to protect against the "Dutch Police Attack"

From: Sharon Goldberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:54:31 -0700

All

We (at Boston University) have a proposal that protects against the "Dutch
Police Attack" where the RPKI is used for IP prefix takedowns. The
proposal, which will appear at SIGCOMM next month, is in section 5 of this
paper:

 http://www.cs.bu.edu/~goldbe/papers/sigRPKI_full.pdf

This proposal seeks to address some of the issues as the suspenders
proposal. We are looking for feedback from the working group about these
ideas; based on the feedback we could put an Internet draft together for
the next IETF (which I will be attending). Also happy to chat in person
today.

Sharon

http://www.cs.bu.edu/~goldbe/

-- 
Sharon Goldberg
Computer Science, Boston University
http://www.cs.bu.edu/~goldbe