Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 09:32:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : The Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) to Router Protocol
        Authors         : Randy Bush
                          Rob Austein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2014-08-29

Abstract:
   In order to verifiably validate the origin Autonomous Systems and
   Autonomous System Paths of BGP announcements, routers need a simple
   but reliable mechanism to receive Resource Public Key Infrastructure
   (RFC 6480) prefix origin data and router keys from a trusted cache.
   This document describes a protocol to deliver validated prefix origin
   data and router keys to routers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:55:24 -0400

This revision fixes some minor textual issues that came up during
implementation and review by a people other than the I-D authors
(thanks, rtrlib team!).

The one protocol change (also minor) is that the rtrlib team convinced
us to lower the minimum allowed values for the Refresh and Retry
timers to one second.  While we don't think it likely that anybody
would really want to configure a cache that way, it's a local matter:
if I choose to configure my cache to tell my routers to beat up my
cache server that often, it's really nobody else's business.

This revision addresses all known outstanding issues for this I-D.

As mentioned in Toronto, this I-D is on the critical path for BGPsec,
because of the Router Key PDU.  We've been holding this back from WGLC
because we wanted a second client-side implementation, but we have
that now, so we will be sending a WGLC request to the WG chairs.