Subject: [sidr] RFC 7909 on Securing Routing Policy Specification Language (RPSL) Objects with Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Signatures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:49:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7909

        Title:      Securing Routing Policy Specification Language 
                    (RPSL) Objects with Resource Public Key 
                    Infrastructure (RPKI) Signatures 
        Author:     R. Kisteleki, B. Haberman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30493
        Updates:    RFC 2622, RFC 4012

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-rpsl-sig-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7909

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7909

This document describes a method that allows parties to
electronically sign Routing Policy Specification Language objects and
validate such electronic signatures.  This allows relying parties to
detect accidental or malicious modifications of such objects.  It
also allows parties who run Internet Routing Registries or similar
databases, but do not yet have authentication (based on Routing
Policy System Security) of the maintainers of certain objects, to
verify that the additions or modifications of such database objects
are done by the legitimate holder(s) of the Internet resources
mentioned in those objects.  This document updates RFCs 2622 and 4012
to add the signature attribute to supported RPSL objects.

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC