Subject: [sidr] RFC 8210 on The Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) to Router Protocol, Version 1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 21:13:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8210

        Title:      The Resource Public Key Infrastructure 
                    (RPKI) to Router Protocol, Version 1 
        Author:     R. Bush, 
                    R. Austein
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 78467
        Updates:    RFC 6810

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8210

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8210

In order to verifiably validate the origin Autonomous Systems and
Autonomous System Paths of BGP announcements, routers need a simple
but reliable mechanism to receive Resource Public Key Infrastructure
(RFC 6480) prefix origin data and router keys from a trusted cache.
This document describes a protocol to deliver them.

This document describes version 1 of the RPKI-Router protocol.  RFC
6810 describes version 0.  This document updates RFC 6810.

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC