Subject: [Sidrops] Request an official cal for draft with Considerations for ROAs issued with Multiple prefixes

From: "Yu Fu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 11:34:18 +0800

Dear chairs,

Can I ask for an official call for WG adoption of individual draft:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yan-sidrops-roa-considerations-01

This draft had been presented and discussed in the IETF 100 at sidrops
meeting. 

It analyzes and presents some operational problems which may be caused by
the misconfigurations of ROAs containing multiple IP prefixes. 

It suggests CAs to avoid issuing ROAs with a large number of IP address
prefixes and better to issue one ROA for one IP address prefix.

It suggests that a safeguard scheme should be considered to protect the
process of ROA issuance for the CA.

It had been received some agreement at the mic during the meeting.

So I think this draft is a meaningful work and its suggestions should be a
direction for the RPKI operators and CAs. 

Thanks

Yu

-------------------------------------------

Yu Fu

[email-masked]