Subject: [Sidrops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 12:06:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIDR Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The Use of Maxlength in the RPKI
        Authors         : Yossi Gilad
                          Sharon Goldberg
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Job Snijders
                          Ben Maddison
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2018-04-30

Abstract:
   This document recommends that operators avoid using the maxLength
   attribute when issuing Route Origin Authorizations (ROAs) in the
   Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI).  These recommendations
   complement those in [RFC7115].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 20:30:42 +0900

On 5/2/18 04:06, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directorie

I had an opportunity to review this in light of several recent scenarios
and practical examples and I found the recommendations helpful
(vacations are weird that way).

that said an operator might  basically be faced with the case where
everything you might potentially intend to announce needs to have a ROA
(example maximally de-aggregated prefixes) but, those not announced
violate the precept towards minimization. this seems like a point of
stress in the operational principles.

joel