Subject: [Sidrops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify-03.txt> (Origin Validation Clarifications) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 15:17:36 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the SIDR Operations WG (sidrops) to
consider the following document: - 'Origin Validation Clarifications'
  <draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify-03.txt> as Internet Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-08-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Deployment of RPKI-based BGP origin validation is hampered by, among
   other things, vendor mis-implementations in two critical areas: which
   routes are validated and whether policy is applied when not specified
   by configuration.  This document is meant to clarify possible
   misunderstandings causing those mis-implementations; and thus updates
   RFC6811 by clarifying that all prefixes should be marked, and that
   policy must not be applied without operator configuration"

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc6482: A Profile for Route Origin Authorizations (ROAs) (Proposed Standard - IETF stream)
    rfc8097: BGP Prefix Origin Validation State Extended Community (Proposed Standard - IETF stream)
    rfc6811: BGP Prefix Origin Validation (Proposed Standard - IETF stream)