Subject: [Sidrops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify-03.txt> (Origin Validation Clarifications) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 09:12:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the SIDR Operations WG (sidrops) to
consider the following document: - 'Origin Validation Clarifications'
  <draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

This is a second IETF LC. The first one was accidentally started as a
"Internet Standard" instead of "Proposed Standard".

The original LC notice is here: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/BgXnazE6uDDDnL4QEASwE4j9fHk
The original LC thread is here: https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg108610.html
Thanks to S. Moonesamy for noticing this, and pointing out that a new LC 
is cleaner / more appropriate. 

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-08-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Deployment of RPKI-based BGP origin validation is hampered by, among
   other things, vendor mis-implementations in two critical areas: which
   routes are validated and whether policy is applied when not specified
   by configuration.  This document is meant to clarify possible
   misunderstandings causing those mis-implementations; and thus updates
   RFC6811 by clarifying that all prefixes should be marked, and that
   policy must not be applied without operator configuration"

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: "Jakob Heitz (jheitz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 16:50:37 +0000

I support this document.

Regards,
Jakob.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sidrops <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2018 9:12 AM
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; Keyur Patel <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Sidrops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify-03.txt> (Origin Validation Clarifications) to Proposed Standard

Abstract

_______________________________________________
Sidrops mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidrops