Subject: [Sidrops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 12:23:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIDR Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP RPKI-Based Origin Validation Clarifications
        Author          : Randy Bush
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify-05.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2018-08-20

Abstract:
   Deployment of Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) based BGP
   origin validation is hampered by, among other things, vendor mis-
   implementations in two critical areas: which routes are validated and
   whether policy is applied when not specified by configuration.  This
   document is meant to clarify possible misunderstandings causing those
   mis-implementations; and thus updates RFC 6811 by clarifying that all
   prefixes should have their validation state set, and that policy must
   not be applied without operator configuration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/