Subject: [Sidrops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidrops-rtr-keying-01.txt> (Router Keying for BGPsec) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 16:57:28 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the SIDR Operations WG (sidrops) to
consider the following document: - 'Router Keying for BGPsec'
  <draft-ietf-sidrops-rtr-keying-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-12-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   BGPsec-speaking routers are provisioned with private keys in order to
   sign BGPsec announcements.  The corresponding public keys are
   published in the global Resource Public Key Infrastructure, enabling
   verification of BGPsec messages.  This document describes two methods
   of generating the public-private key-pairs: router-driven and
   operator-driven.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-rtr-keying/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-rtr-keying/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.