Subject: [Sidrops] RFC 8630 on Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Trust Anchor Locator

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 16:33:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8630

        Title:      Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) 
                    Trust Anchor Locator 
        Author:     G. Huston, 
                    S. Weiler,
                    G. Michaelson, 
                    S. Kent,
                    T. Bruijnzeels
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 24173
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7730

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidrops-https-tal-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8630

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8630

This document defines a Trust Anchor Locator (TAL) for the Resource
Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI).  The TAL allows Relying Parties in
the RPKI to download the current Trust Anchor (TA) Certification
Authority (CA) certificate from one or more locations and verify that
the key of this self-signed certificate matches the key on the TAL.
Thus, Relying Parties can be configured with TA keys but can allow
these TAs to change the content of their CA certificate.  In
particular, it allows TAs to change the set of IP Address Delegations
and/or Autonomous System Identifier Delegations included in the
extension(s) (RFC 3779) of their certificate.

This document obsoletes the previous definition of the TAL as
provided in RFC 7730 by adding support for Uniform Resource
Identifiers (URIs) (RFC 3986) that use HTTP over TLS (HTTPS) (RFC
7230) as the scheme.

This document is a product of the SIDR Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC