Subject: [Sidrops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress-01.txt> (BGP RPKI-Based Origin Validation on Export) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 14:59:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the SIDR Operations WG (sidrops) to
consider the following document: - 'BGP RPKI-Based Origin Validation on
Export'
  <draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-03-18. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A BGP speaker may perform RPKI origin validation not only on routes
   received from BGP neighbors and routes that are redistributed from
   other routing protocols, but also on routes it sends to BGP
   neighbors.  For egress policy, it is important that the
   classification uses the effective origin AS of the processed route,
   which may specifically be altered by the commonly available knobs
   such as removing private ASs, confederation handling, and other
   modifications of the origin AS.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.