Subject: [Sidrops] [WG ADOPTION]: draft-ymbk-sidrops-6486bis - ENDS: 07/23/2020 (July 23)

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 14:32:17 -0400

Howdy WG Folks!
The authors of the 6486-bis document:
  draft-ymbk-sidrops-6486bis

would appreciate you all spending a few minutes to read/review and
comment about adoptability in the working group. The abstract of same:

  "This document defines a "manifest" for use in the Resource Public Key
   Infrastructure (RPKI).  A manifest is a signed object (file) that
   contains a listing of all the signed objects (files) in the
   repository publication point (directory) associated with an authority
   responsible for publishing in the repository.  For each certificate,
   Certificate Revocation List (CRL), or other type of signed objects
   issued by the authority that are published at this repository
   publication point, the manifest contains both the name of the file
   containing the object and a hash of the file content.  Manifests are
   intended to enable a relying party (RP) to detect certain forms of
   attacks against a repository.  Specifically, if an RP checks a
   manifest's contents against the signed objects retrieved from a
   repository publication point, then the RP can detect "stale" (valid)
   data and deletion of signed objects."

Thanks for your consideration, reading and commentary!
-chris
co-chair persona

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 11:50:48 -0700

i support adoption of draft-ymbk-sidrops-6486bis as a wg document

for fellow pedants: this does not imply that i completely agree with
it; rather that i think it should be worked on in the wg.

randy

---

From: Ben Maddison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 21:37:46 +0200

> it; rather that i think it should be worked on in the wg.
ditto

cheers,

Ben

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 15:59:27 -0400

I support adoption.  This captures things that were discussed at the recent virtual interims.

Russ

> On Jul 9, 2020, at 2:32 PM, Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Howdy WG Folks!
> _______________________________________________
> Sidrops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidrops

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 14:43:18 -0700

> I support adoption.  This captures things that were discussed at the

but does it then put them in a tight enough cage so that do not have
problems analogous to those we have with interpretation of MTI meaning
also mandatory to use if needed?

randy

---

From: Di Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 14:35:13 +0800

I am in support of adoption of this document as WG item.

And I will take part in discussions on it as I update RPSITR 2 the RP software to reflect new requirements on MFT.

Di

> 2020年7月10日 02:32，Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]> 写道：
> 
> Howdy WG Folks!

---

From: Tim Bruijnzeels <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 09:11:28 +0200

I support adoption!

> On 9 Jul 2020, at 20:32, Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Howdy WG Folks!

---

From: Jay Borkenhagen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 10:21:39 -0400

I support adoption of draft-ymbk-sidrops-6486bis as a SIDROPS WG
document.

						Jay B.

---

From: Job Snijders <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:05:57 +0000

Dear all,

I support adoption.

Will work to produce a new implementation report for rpki-client based
on this text.

Kind regards,

Job