Subject: [Sidrops] Meeting Reminder / Info

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 12:45:21 +0000

Howdy!
Since this is the first virtual IETF ... ideally we'll all be able to
join :) but, how do you find the meeting?

NOTE FOR SAFARI USERS:
  Perhaps Safari is being problematic? I've only firefox and chrome to
test with, both of which work. Anecdotal evidence says perhaps Safari
is less happy, though.

1) open: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/agenda/
    (go to the datatracker, under 'meetings' click 'agenda')

2) search for 'sidrops'

3) look for the 'video camera' icon, click :)
    I believe you can just join the audio stream with the 'headphones' icon...

4) profit.

Notes on video/audio usage:
  a) please use a headset with built-in microphone - your laptop mic will:
       i) be horrid
       ii) pick up all your typing
       iii) be horrid

  b) please mute yourself if you are not actively speaking
      Based on demos I believe chairs can mute/unmute remote folk
       so this may not be relevant, but it's just nice :)

  c) Feel free to use your video, or not! if you are on a lower speed connection
      I'd recommend sacrificing video for audio.

---

From: Nick Hilliard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 14:58:04 +0100

> test with, both of which work. Anecdotal evidence says perhaps Safari

the mp3 feed on meetecho is flicking in and out once every second or 
two, which is unworkable :-(

Nick

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 22:12:34 +0000

> two, which is unworkable :-(

oh ;( that's gross, did you report this to the meetecho folk? (which
apparently means emailing [email-masked], of course with an
approximate time and room-name)