Subject: [Sidrops] [WG ADOPTION] rfc-8211-bis - Ends 2020-28-08 (Aug 28 2020)

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 17:01:29 +0000

Howdy WG Folks!
The authors of RFC8211 have prepared an update to their document:
  https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-kent-sidrops-8211bis-00.txt

The abstract being:
  " This document analyzes actions by or against a Certification
   Authority (CA) or an independent repository manager in the RPKI that
   can adversely affect the Internet Number Resources (INRs) associated
   with that CA or its subordinate CAs.  The analysis is done from the
   perspective of an affected INR holder.  The analysis is based on
   examination of the data items in the RPKI repository, as controlled
   by a CA (or an independent repository manager) and fetched by Relying
   Parties (RPs).  The analysis does not purport to be comprehensive; it
   does represent an orderly way to analyze a number of ways that errors
   by or attacks against a CA or repository manager can affect the RPKI
   and routing decisions based on RPKI data."

the updates are meant to take into account the updated language in the
pending RFC6486-bis document. Let's have a read, decide if this should
be adopted by the WG for work/cleanup/refresh and have a decision back
to the list/authors as of 28/8/2020 - August 28 this year (2020).

Thanks!
-chris
co-chair-persona

---

From: Di Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 15:31:09 +0800

I am in support of adoption of this work as the co-author of RFC 8211.

Manifest is the fundamental signed object used by RFC 8211 to analyze adverse actions that could happen in the RPKI. 

We have no reason of not updating RFC 8211, provided that Manifest is being updated as WG item.

I will once again take part in this effort on threat model for the RPKI.

Di

> 2020年8月12日 01:01，Chris Morrow <[email-masked]> 写道：
> 
> 
> Howdy WG Folks!
> _______________________________________________
> Sidrops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidrops
>