Subject: [Simple] Call-ID & CSeq changes in MESSAGE requests

From: Nirmalya Ghosh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:44:45 +0800

Hi All,
I have been reading through the draft on Sip Extensions for Instant 
Messaging (simple-im-01) and I have a doubt regarding the change of 
Call-ID & CSeq headers. Since MESSAGE requests do not create an implied 
session (implying no call-leg, or call-state), does this mean that the 
Call-leg keeps changing and the CSeq MAY remain the same in subsequent 
MESSAGE requests, or vice versa?

Thanks & Regards,
Nirmalya

_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:22:51 -0500

> MESSAGE requests, or vice versa?

Yes, the Call-ID will change in each subsequent message. Furthermore,
since CSeq is defined within the space of a call leg, the value of the
CSeq header in each message are really independent and unrelated.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple