Subject: [Simple] Somes questions about behavior of PS

From: "Tang Lihua" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:52:29 +0800

Hi,guys

I want to clarify the behaviour of PS. My questions are as follows: 

About Registrar
1. How to upload buddylist or watcherlist to PS? Through registration or 
other way? If a buddylist is stored in PS, should PS automaticly send out 
subscription to each buddy on the list? And it's strange that in this case 
a watcher will receive notifications but no subscription is sent out by the 
watcher itself. Also another problem is that it will burden PS with 
handling all the buddylists or watcherlists. 
2. If a user gets unregistered, remove this user from database or just mark 
it as 'Unregistered'?
How can the PS know an offline presentity is a once registered user? Is 
User Managerment a need? 
 
About Authentication
1. Is the authentication in PS a server-side(as proxy) or a ua-side one(as 
PA) one? If a subscription is sent to an offline presentity, should the PS 
challenge the subscriber?
2. Should the PS maintain access password lists of each presentity for each 
possible watcher? Is there a better way for PS to authorize the watcher?
2. Draft says, 'For pending subscriptions, the state of the presentity 
SHOULD include some kind of textual note that indicates a pending status.' 
Is there any solution to it till now? More, how can the PS notify the 
watcher that a buddy is offline now or a buddy gets online?

Thanks for your comments!

Best regards,

Tang Lihua

_________________________________________________________________
享用世界上最大的 Web 电子邮件系统 ―― MSN Hotmail。
http://www.hotmail.com/cn

_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple