Subject: [Simple] changes to winfo format

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:36:58 -0400

Folks,

In an attempt to make our XML usage in draft-ietf-simple-winfo-format
more consistent with "proper" XML usage (See
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hollenbeck-ietf-xml-guidelines-00.txt),
I propose the following changes to the watcherinfo format draft:

1. The resource element be named to watchers, and the uri attribute be
renamed to resource. The reason is so that the element name (watchers)
actually identifies what it is that the element contains. Right now, the
name of the element is resource, but its value is not the resource, its
the watchers.

2. The value of the watcher element be the URI, rather than the optional
human readable name of the watcher. The URI is really the value of this
element, not the human readable form.

3. We add an xml:lang attribute to the watcher element, allowing for
declaration of the language for the human readable name of the watcher.

4. We explicitly disallow the usage of the XML declaration, and
explicitly mandate UTF-8 encoding.

5. We use a schema instead of a DTD.

6. We explicitly disallow XML processing instructions.

7. We explicitly say that any unrecognized elements or attributes are
ignored.

Comments?

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple