Subject: [Simple] draft-ietf-simple-presence-06 WGLC comments

From: "Sriram Parameswar"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:57:43 -0500

Hi All,

The draft looks good. My comments/questions are as follows:
*	Section 4 - "In fact, behavior of the presence agent for handing a
SUBSCRIBE with Expires of zero is no different than for any other expiration
value; all SUBSCRIBE requests result in a triggered NOTIFY with the current
presentity and subscription state". My question is on a presence 'fetch' -
what happens if a SUBSCRIBE is not authorized so the first NOTIFY contains
either 'bogus' presence information or no body - if an automaton then
performs an authorization (using some mechanism) and sends another NOTIFY
with actual presence information - is this valid? Either way (valid or not
valid) it would be good to have a line of clarification on how Presence
fetches in the un-authorized case are handled.
*	RFC 2119 key words (MUST, SHOULD etc.) lack a space after them in
sections - 7.2, 9.2, 9.5.

Thanks,

Sriram

__________________________________________
Sriram Parameswar              Phone: 972-685-8540
Interactive Multimedia Server (IMS) Fax: 972-684-3986
Nortel Networks, Richardson USA  Email: [email-masked]