Subject: [Simple] Data manipulation

From: BECKMANN MARK <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:17:07 +0200

Hello,

at the last IETF meeting, I had the impression that a solution for data
manipulation based on SOAP is preferred in the SIMPLE WG as it is also
proposed in the components draft. Now, I am not very familiar with the SOAP
protocol and I would like to know what exactly the benefit by using the SOAP
protocol is. From my point of view a presence user agent could basically
manipulate a presentities data by sending a message containing presence data
in a PIDF format. The fact that the data is sent from the presence user
agent to the presence agent would indicate that this is a data manipulation
procedure.

Best regards,

Mark

Mark Beckmann			Siemens AG

ICM MP PO8 SA 82
P.O.Box 100702			phone: +49 (5341) 906 1814
D-38228 Salzgitter   		fax:   +49 (5341) 906 2010

mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple