Subject: [Simple] minor updates to presence spec and watcherinfo spec

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 02:57:23 -0500

Folks,

I've just submitted another update to the presence spec and the 
watcherinfo changes. The updates are minor and address further iesg 
comments. Until they appear in the archives, you can grab them from:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-winfo-package-04.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-presence-09.txt

The changes are summarized below.

PRESENCE
--------
* in the pres URI discussion, it says that SIP URI is preferred when its
known. Fixed to say SIP or SIPS URI, instead of just SIP URI.

* removed references to p-header network asserted ID drafts as a means
to establish identity. Text now reads:

In inter-domain scenarios, establishing an authenticated identity of
the subscriber is harder. It is anticipated that authentication will
often be established through transitive trust. SIP mechanisms
for network asserted identity can be applied to establish the identity
of the subscriber \citenonnorm{draft-ietf-sip-identity}.

* removed text which said that you can send notifications faster than
once every 5 seconds if an extension explicitly says its OK.

* explicit mention of rfc2779 as an influence on security
considerations.

* mention the possibility of e2e encryption using smime shared secrets
(rfc3211).

* changed examples to tcp

WINFO-PACKAGE
--------------

* Added JDR contact information to template package registration in
IANA considerations section.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple