Subject: [Simple] new I-D on proposed changes to comedia

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 12:55:20 -0500

Folks,

As you may recall, Ben Campbell had posted an I-D on the usage of CPIM 
over TCP for the IM session protocol 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-campbell-simple-cpimmsg-sessions-00.txt). 
There was good support for this, but it became clear on the list that 
the proposed usage of comedia was problematic in the presence of 
intermediaries. During the mmusic session, I asked for a months time to 
investigate the problem and come up with a concrete proposal, whether it 
was changes to comedia, or a separate protocol. I have worked this with 
Ben and Paul Kyzivat, and the result is a set of proposed changes to 
comedia.

Our motiviations for these changes, along with the proposed changes 
themselves, are documented in an I-D I just submitted. Until it appears 
(and it will be a while, because the I-D editor is on vacation), you can 
pick it up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-mmusic-comedia-fix-00.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-mmusic-comedia-fix-00.html

I have cross-posted to simple to make them aware of this draft, but 
discussion should proceed on mmusic.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple