Subject: [Simple] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-presence-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 09:22:11 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Presence Event Package for the Session Initiation 
                          Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-simple-presence-08.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2002-12-4
	
This document describes the usage of the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) for subscriptions and notifications of presence. Presence is
defined as the willingness and ability of a user to communicate with
other users on the network. Historically, presence has been limited
to 'on-line' and 'off-line' indicators; the notion of presence here
is broader. Subscriptions and notifications of presence are supported
by defining an event package within the general SIP event
notification framework. This protocol is also compliant with the
Common Presence Profile (CPP) framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-presence-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-simple-presence-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-presence-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 09:43:32 -0800

I'm confused - is it version 8 or 9?  all I can find is 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-presence-09.txt

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
> Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 6:22 AM
> To: IETF-Announce:
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-presence-08.txt
> 
> 
> This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and 
> Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.
> 
_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:46:31 -0800

Sorry for the post without reading all the list - I see they were updated to
a new version after this announcement.

> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Cullen
> Jennings
> Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2002 9:44 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Simple] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-presence-08.txt
>
>
>