Subject: [Simple] new I-D on advanced IM requirements

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 02:08:11 -0500

Folks,

One of the items on our charter is this:

SEP 02  Submission of advanced messaging requirements draft to IESG for 
publication as Informational

to date, we have not had even an I-D written to specifically address 
this item (clearly we are behind schedule). So, I have collected IM 
requirements from (1) Aki's 3gpp requirements draft, (2) the old SIMPLE 
components draft 
(http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-simple-components-00.txt), 
  gaps between SIMPLE and some other systems, such as wireless village. 
I've put those in a new I-D which I've just submitted. Until it appears, 
you can pick it up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-simple-components-00.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-simple-components-00.html

There are definitely some controversial issues here. I listed a bunch of 
requirements I am not sure we should even try to meet. But, it is worth 
discussing.

It is my hope that this document can serve as the basis for the charter 
item above, if there is consensus in the group to move forward with it.

THanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple