Subject: [Simple] New event lists draft

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:29:40 -0600

I just submitted a new version of the event lists draft.
Based on the discussions we had in Atlanta, this draft
has been heavily modified. Of primary interest are the
facts that it no longer defines a template event package,
and that it now allows arbitrary nesting of lists.

Until it becomes available in the i-d repository, you can
retrieve a copy from:

<http://pages.sbcglobal.net/roaches/ietf/draft-ietf-simple-event-list-00.txt

An HTML version is available at:

<http://pages.sbcglobal.net/roaches/ietf/draft-ietf-simple-event-list-00.htm
l>

/a
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:28:04 -0500

In section 3.2 (Event Header Parameters) the wording implies that the 
id= parameter will be passed thru to subscriptions for elements in a 
list. But this is probably a bad thing.

The purpose of the id is to disambiguate different subscriptions in the 
same dialog. There will be a dialog between the original subscriber and 
the event list server, and there will probably be several dialogs 
between the event list server and the servers for the list elements. But 
I don't think there is any implication that there is specific 
relationship between these dialogs. Without that, an event id in one may 
be inappropriate in another.

Shouldn't the event list server have the option to decide when or if to 
associate event ids with the subscriptions it generates?

	Paul