Subject: [Fwd: [Simple] I-D ACTION:draft-campbell-simple-im-sessions-01.txt]

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 15:56:04 -0600

Just a heads up--this draft has some substantial changes since the 00
version, to deal with issues that came up trying to use COMEDIA. And
since without COMEDIA use it became fairly difficult to define the sdp
signaling for message sessions without making too many assumptions about
the message transport, we converged the two back into a single draft. 

There are still a number of open issues, but I hope this version will at
least get the discussion going again.

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Simple] I-D ACTION:draft-campbell-simple-im-sessions-01.txt
Date: 07 Mar 2003 09:50:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Instant Message Sessions in SIMPLE
	Author(s)	: B. Campbell, J. Rosenberg et. al.
	Filename	: draft-campbell-simple-im-sessions-01.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 2003-3-6
	
The SIP MESSAGE method is used to send instant messages, where each
message is independent of any other message. This is often called
pager-mode messaging, due to the fact that this model is similar to
that of most two-way pager devices. Another model is called
session-mode. In session-mode, the instant messages are part of a
media session that provides ordering, a security context, and other
functions. This media session is established using a SIP INVITE, just
as an audio or video session would be established.
This document describes a The Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP),
a mechanism for transmitting session-mode messages with minimal relay
support. Additionally, this document describes using the SDP offer/
answer model to initiate such sessions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-campbell-simple-im-sessions-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-campbell-simple-im-sessions-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-campbell-simple-im-sessions-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple