Subject: [Simple] SIMPLE arch document

From: "Avshalom Houri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 15:03:39 +0300

The SIMPLE charter specifies the following deliverable:

"An architecture for the implementation of a traditional buddylist-
based instant messaging and presence application with SIP, including 
for example new mechanisms for message confirmation delivery, indications 
for when a party is in the process of typing a message, secure buddylist 
manipulation operations, and the extension of the CPIM presence format 
to describe typical IM states."

We have submitted a (very) initial skeleton document for the above:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-houri-simple-arch-00.txt

I know that the document tries to cover much more then what was intended.
However, in order to continue working on the document we would like to get
some feedback from the group.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks
Avshalom

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Thanos Diacakis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 15:06:00 -0600

Quick thought:

Perhaps arranging the relevant drafts (in Section 5) by functionality and
not by working group would make it more useful for those looking to
implement SIMPLE-based system, who might not care for the historical
intricacies of IETF, IMPP, etc.

Thanos
---
Thanos Diacakis
Openwave Systems
[email-masked]
+1-303 385 6705

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 13:43:30 -0400

Avshalom,

This looks like a good start at identifying what needs to be done, 
though it is a very ambitious document. Perhaps it needs to be broken up 
hierarchically somehow. (I haven't thought about how yet, but I fear 
this doc, when complete could be as big as 3261.)

Have you thought about how to move forward with this? To get it all done 
is probably going to take numerous authors, which is another reason to 
partition it. There are certainly parts of it that I would be interested 
in helping with.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: "Vishal Verma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 14:50:43 +0530

Hi ,
   I am looking into figure 1. of this document .Few things I could not
understand

why user agent to REGISTRAR interface is missing ? user agents interact with
REGISTRAR
using REGISTER method, right ?

why user agent to presnece server interface is missing ? presence server
will be
reporting remote user status to user agent,isnt it ?

regards, vishal

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Paul Kyzivat
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 11:14 PM
To: Avshalom Houri
Cc: Simple WG
Subject: Re: [Simple] SIMPLE arch document

Avshalom,

	Thanks,
	Paul