Subject: [Simple] Request-URI is identity of the Presentity

From: Orly Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 10:09:52 +0300

Hi.
In draft-ietf-simple-presence-10 it is defined that the Request-URI
identifies the desired Presentity in a Subscribe request. This is also
defined in RFC 3265 ("The Request-URI of a Subscribe request ..... It also
contains enough information to identify the resource for which event
notification is desired ...").
Since the Subscribe request is defined as a dialog-creating method, the
Request-URI is not one of its identifiers. I think that the result is that
two Subscribe requests with different Request-URIs can be handled by the
same dialog, where they represent different Presentities.
Isn't this a problem?
Thanks,
Orly.
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Jun 2003 10:35:36 -0500

Are you objecting to the possibility of having to maintain state
for more than one subscription sharing the same dialog identifiers
(To/From tags, Call-ID)?

That's something you have to handle even if the Request-URI doesn't
change. You can have subscriptions to different events reusing
those identifiers (Event: presence, Event: presence.winfo, 
Event: refer). Within a package, you can have different subscriptions
using the same dialog identifier differentiated by the "id" parameter
on the Event header field value.

If not, and it really is the potential for a changing Request-URI that's
bothering you, can you sketch a scenario where that would (without
violating protocol) happen and a problem results?

RjS

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Jun 2003 10:35:36 -0500

RjS

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 04:41:03 -0400

I don't think you can change the request-URI after the dialog is 
established. Thats because the route-set will determine what the r-uri 
looks like when it hits the UAS. Assuming everyone is a loose router, 
it means that the request URI at the UAS will be the Contact that the 
UA had placed in its 200 OK to the initial SUBSCRIBE. The notifier can 
change this, but the subscriber can't go and pick a new URI.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Scientist                             Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 04:41:03 -0400

-Jonathan R.