Subject: [Simple] New RPIDS draft

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:01:56 -0400

The new draft-ietf-simple-rpids-00 draft was just announced. These are 
the major changes:

- temporarily removed the capabilities description until we figure out 
how to handle this, both technically (I'd like a cleaner syntax that is 
more similar to the other properties) and procedurally (we don't want to 
get delayed indefinitely by the glacial progress of caller-preferences)

- added a 'class' attribute that allows semantic labeling of tuples, 
similar to how 'class' is used in HTML;

- took the BINPIDF (draft-lonnfors-simple-binpidf-00) ideas and 
re-shaped them a bit to be more semantically focused, i.e., focus on 
content, not on the fact that it is an external reference. I defined 
elements that roughly correspond to the Call-Info items in SIP and 
hopefully address many of the applications sought for external linking.

I didn't get a chance to incorporate some of the 'what's a tuple' 
discussions yet, but I suspect they require some high-bandwidth 
discussions in Vienna in any event.

Comments are most welcome.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple