Subject: RE: [Simple] Sending 1 to n MESSAGEs

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:10:38 -0500

Paul Kyzivat [mailto:[email-masked]] writes:

> It should at least be technically possible to do the explosion in a 
> proxy rather than a B2BUA. If you address the message to an exploder, 
> and include the actual list of intended recipients as another header, 
> the exploder can act as a proxy, forking the message to each of the 
> intended recipients.
> 
> Done this way, the sender will receive a response from each 
> recipient...

Sorry, but no. Double-check proxy handling of forked messages
in 3261. For non-INVITE messages, you will receive only one
response (except in extremely rare and spectacular failure
scenarios). Even for INVITE messages, you'll receive more than
one response only in the case of certain race conditions (and
even then, you'll only get 200-class responses, possibly
preceded by a single 600-class response).

[Yes, I'm not counting provisionals]

/a

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:22:57 -0400

Adam Roach wrote:
> scenarios).

Oops! You are right. Punt.

	Paul

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:22:57 -0400

Paul