Subject: [Simple] Request-URI is identity of the Presentity

From: Orly Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 10:09:52 +0300

Hi.
In draft-ietf-simple-presence-10 it is defined that the Request-URI
identifies the desired Presentity in a Subscribe request. This is also
defined in RFC 3265 ("The Request-URI of a Subscribe request ..... It also
contains enough information to identify the resource for which event
notification is desired ...").
Since the Subscribe request is defined as a dialog-creating method, the
Request-URI is not one of its identifiers. I think that the result is that
two Subscribe requests with different Request-URIs can be handled by the
same dialog, where they represent different Presentities.
Isn't this a problem?
Thanks,
Orly.
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple