Subject: RE: [Simple] Sending 1 to n MESSAGEs

From: Cnaan Oded <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:50:39 +0300

Mike,

Session based messaging is equivalent to a chat room (where users can join
and leave the room) and I was refering to the pager mode which is
sessionless.

My comment was that even when outside a session, the sender should be able
to choose between 2 modes, conversation (To list included) or 1:m (Only
sender included). This can be in a form of an indication to the distribution
server whether to include the list or not as part of the B2BUA behavior.

Oded

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Hammer [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 10:56 PM
To: Cnaan Oded
Cc: 'Jonathan Rosenberg'; Dean Willis; Mills, Duncan, D, CND Tech Dev, VF
UK; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Simple] Sending 1 to n MESSAGEs

Should such multi-recipient MESSAGEs be sent within a session to which a
recipient could say BYE, future messages to the rejected session get
silently discarded?

Or, seems like you would need to have an anti-dote header
(X-Recipient-Remove-Me:) and a corresponding "Reply-All-Remove-Me" GUI
button, that upon receipt could be handled without presentation by each
recipient to trim the list.

Mike

---

From: Michael Hammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:24:50 -0400

Oded,

Perhaps, we should be calling the mode where the list reaches the N 
recipients N:N mode, whereas if only the sender (and a forking server) know 
the full list, it is 1:N.  But, to be safe, it might be good to define 
behavior such that if the list header with this mode indicator did reach 
all on the list, they should be precluded automatically from doing a reply-all.

Mike

At 09:50 AM 6/26/2003 +0300, Cnaan Oded wrote:

>and leave the room) and I was refering to the pager mode which is sessionless.
>
>sender included). This can be in a form of an indication to the 
>distribution server whether to include the list or not as part of the 
>B2BUA behavior.
>
>Oded
>
>From: Michael Hammer [<mailto:[email-masked]>mailto:[email-masked]]

---

From: Michael Hammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:24:50 -0400

Oded,

Mike