Subject: [Simple] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-publish-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:57:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Extension for 
                          Presence Publication
	Author(s)	: A. Niemi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-simple-publish-01.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2003-7-1
	
This document describes an extension to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) for publishing event state used within the framework
for SIP Event Notification. The first application of this extension
is targeted at the publication of presence information.
The mechanism described in this document can be extended to support
publication of any event state, for which there exists an appropriate
event package. It is not intended to be a general-purpose mechanism
for transport of arbitrary data, as there are better suited
mechanisms for this purpose (FTP, HTTP, etc.)

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-publish-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-simple-publish-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-publish-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.