Subject: RE: Rethinking scope on publish, was Re: [Simple] PUBLISH: atomic ity problem

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 06:14:51 -0500

Paul Kyzivat [mailto:[email-masked]] writes:

> Regarding how to set up blocking of the ones you don't want, 
> instead of 
> pstream, how about simply having each publisher include its 
> identity in 
> each tuple, as an attribute? This could be filtered out for 
> most users.

This doesn't translate well to other event packages. We can't
solve this problem in a way that is specific to PIDF or even XML.
The solution needs to be generalizable to all event packages.

/a

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 06:14:51 -0500

/a