Subject: [Simple] A few questions about Winfo

From: Orly Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:23:23 +0300

Hi. 
I have a few questions about the winfo-package draft:

1) 	The draft defines a default policy for sending watcherinfo
notifications in case 
	the body of the Subscribe request does not define a filter for
notifications.
	The default behavior, as I understand it, is:
	a. Send a full winfo document when sending a winfo notification as a
result of an incoming 
	winfo Subscribe request (initial winfo Subscribe request or refresh
requests).
	b. Send a partial winfo document when a watcher changes its state,
about this watcher only.
	It is also recommended by the draft, that "the watcherinfo
notifications sent to B only contain
	the state of B's own subscriptions". 
	My question is - should the default behavior be sending a full winfo
document as a result of an
	incoming Subscribe, only when B subscribes to its own watcher
information?

2) 	According to the 3265 RFC, when a pending subscription is expired, a
Notify(terminated) should 
	be sent by the Notifier to the Subscriber. According to the
winfo-package, when a Pending 
	subscription is expired, it should change its state to Waiting. When
this happens, should the 
	Notifier still send a Notify(terminated) message to the Subscriber?
If not, when should this message 
	be sent? If yes, then how is it possible to change the state back to
Pending when receiving a refresh
	request, after a Notify(terminated) message was already sent?

3)	When handling a fetch Subscribe request, should the Notifier send a
Notify(terminated) after sending the
	Notify(active) message with the winfo document? What happens if
there is no policy defined for
	the fetch request and the state changes to Waiting? Should the
Notifier send any Notify messages?	

Thanks,
Orly Rosenberg.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple