Subject: [Simple] SIMPLE - IM

From: Silvi Kates <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:49:06 +0300

Hi,
So far on all the documents and applications of Instant message the Method
for sending IM messages was
MESSAGE.
Now I came across this draft:
http://www.potaroo.net/ietf/ids/draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-01.txt
<http://www.potaroo.net/ietf/ids/draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-01.txt> 
Which I found in here: http://www.potaroo.net/ietf/ids-wg-simple.html
<http://www.potaroo.net/ietf/ids-wg-simple.html> 
 
That's suggests that instead of using the MESSAGE method, there are now new
methods (SEND , VISIT, BIND)
Of the  MSRP (message session relay protocol) that are carried over SIP.
Is this only a suggestion, or does it really used in real life, on SIP IM
applications?

Thanks
 Silvi