Subject: RE: [Simple] Re: draft-rosenberg-peterson-simple-pidf-phone-00.txt

From: "MANSOOR Usama FTRD/DMR/LON" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:30:33 +0200

I guess it's not the fact that they may be on a different network that's
important, but the fact that they may be in a different country, in a
different timezone, and will cost more to call that people are
interested in. (Well, in Europe at least :)

So maybe we should represent this somehow instead of 'roaming'?

- Usama

-----Original Message-----
From: Henning Schulzrinne [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 2:47 AM
To: Jonathan Rosenberg
Cc: Paul Kyzivat; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Simple] Re:
draft-rosenberg-peterson-simple-pidf-phone-00.txt

<snip>

I am dubious on 'roaming'. This can mean many different things and 
nothing at all. Without having detailed knowledge of the presentity's 
carrier subscription and its coverage, it says essentially nothing. (In 
NJ, the pin-drop carrier can make you roam into analog just a few miles 
west on Rt. 4, as that's the border of digital coverage, so this says 
nothing about distance from home.) Also, are there currently any 
interfaces that would allow you to retrieve this information?

<snip>

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple