Subject: [Simple] draft-ietf-simple-xcap-00.txt - Examples

From: Werkstudent8 SAL <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:46:34 +0200

From: "Stefan Mecke" <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

I just read through the examples in draft-ietf-simple-xcap-00.txt and I'm a
bit confused about the first example:

   First, a user Bill creates a new presence-list, initially with no
   users in it:
   ....
   Next, Bill adds an entry to the list:

   PUT
   http://xcap.example.com/services/presence-lists/users/bill/fr.xml?
   presence-lists/list[@name="friends"] HTTP/1.1
   Content-Type:text/plain

   <entry name="Bill" uri="sip:[email-masked]">
     <display-name>Bill Doe</display-name>
   </entry>

It is Bill's presences list and he adds Bill to his "friends"-list? So he
adds himself or is it another Bill? Or do you always have to be on your own
presence-lists?
If this is not the case, then chosing a different name might be better.

Thanks,
S. Mecke

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 02:27:19 -0400

Oops, this is a mistake. Bill would not normally add himself to his 
buddy list. I will correct in the next revision.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 02:27:19 -0400

Thanks,
Jonathan R.