Subject: [Simple] simple-message-sessions

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:20:08 -0700

The notes from the SIMPLE meeting at IETF 57 have ...

> Poll: Are we happy enough with the doc that we can finish the nits and
> send it to IESG? Answer: Yes.

I don't think this document has had the discussion it deserves. For example:
the question of why this is better than just running MESSAGE over SIP on TCP
has never been answered. Along with other questions - like now that there is
no multiplexing, how does this provide any help whatsoever with congestion
control of chat IM sessions. Right now, I have a very hard time convincing
developers that there is significant value in implementing this.

Perhaps I just don't get it - a few phone calls on the subject could go a
long ways on at least educating some people on why this is the right thing.
I don't want to slow this document down if the WG feels it is ready - it has
improved greatly in the last few drafts.

Just my 2 cents....

Cullen

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:20:08 -0700

Just my 2 cents....

Cullen