Subject: [Simple] Changes in xcap-auth

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:17:43 -0500

Folks,

As you may have noticed, I submitted a revision of the xcap-auth spec. 
There were many changes since the last rev. Mainly, I cut lots of 
stuff out in order to vastly simplify:

* added an "except" clause to applies-to, so that you can make 
exceptions for specific users, domains, or lists. This allows, for 
example:

<applies-to>
   <any/>
   <except>
     <domain>example.com</domain>
   </except>
</applies-to>

* accept-if permission exists still, but boolean expressions are removed.

* Removed rule permissions (which specified state changes which would 
cause a notification to be sent)

* Removed transformational permissions. I still think this capability 
is important, but per list discussion, we will tackle it by having a 
separate entity publish false presence information, and then use 
xcap-auth to select those tuples for distribution to certain watchers.

* removed requested-namespace, requested-element, requested-tuple, 
duration accept-if conditions

* show-tuple content permission now selects a tuple(s) by the RPID 
class attribute

* removed show-values content permission

* removed the compound permission AUID - can do it later

* The show-element content permission selects elements based on their 
qualified name (i.e., rpid:placetype) in an XML document - no xpath 
expressions.

* clarified that, for show-element and show-namespace, if a permission 
is not there, those elements in published tuples are discarded BEFORE 
the composition process.

There are a few to-dos that I wasnt able to get around to. Besides 
that, I think this is much closer to done. There are still some open 
issues, which I will post notes on. There is also a big question 
around how/if the geopriv policy format aligns with this. The other 
main question is scope - is there anything else we can remove, or 
anything that is ESSENTIAL now which we should add?

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:37:47 -0500

> which I will post notes on. There is also a big question around how/if 
> the geopriv policy format aligns with this. The other main question is 

To provide some background to those not following the GEOPRIV discussions:

For whatever reason, the I-D editor doesn't seem to have posted the 
document yet, even though it was submitted in time. In any event, it's at

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/authz/draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-00.html

Henning

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:37:47 -0500

Henning