Subject: [Simple] winfo-format question

From: Orly Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:17:31 +0200

Hi.
I have a question about the Watcher tag In a Winfo document:
In winfo-format-04 it says that "The value of the watcher element is a URI
for the watcher.
This URI should be an address-of-record....".
Should the watcher value always be taken as the From header of the incoming
Subscribe request,
or are there any scenarios in which the address-of-record will be other than
the From header value?

Thanks,
Orly Rosenberg.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:46:01 -0400

Normally this would be whatever identity was authenticated by the 
server. That may have been obtained through digest authentication, 
S/MIME, P-Asserted-ID or through AIB. From would probably be a "last 
resort" when, for some reason, a server has accepted a subscription 
without authentication.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:46:01 -0400

Thanks,
Jonathan R.