Subject: [Simple] Comments on MSRP - multiparty message session support

From: Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:01:56 +0300

Hi All,

Since MSGFMT is no longer mandated (or is but only for CPIM gateways), 
how would a participant know where a message is coming from in a 
multiparty message session?

Also, when using MSRP in a conferencing system, the lack of To/From 
prevents sending private messages efficiently within a multiparty 
session using an MSRP mixer as a "router" for them.

So my question is this: what is the extensibility model for MSRP? For 
example, would it be possible to later on add this multiparty 
functionality as an extension, or would it be wise to think ahead 
already now?

The draft includes some extensibility, e.g., for authentication 
algorithms, but I didn't immediately find much about adding methods and 
headers, and what to do with unknown headers.

Regards,
Aki

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:35:45 -0500

We talked about how this could be done in a couple of ways. One was by 
simply having the mixer remember the identity associated with each 
connection.

The mixer could also insist that all content be wrapped in message/cpim 
using our extension to the SDP format list negotiation.

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:35:45 -0500