Subject: RE: [Simple] Discovery of an MSRP relay

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 17:54:24 -0500

Miguel A. Garcia [mailto:[email-masked]] writes:

> In another case, an MSRP relay is provided in a home network, 
> and that MSRP relay is used no matter whether the user is
> attached directly to such network or indirectly through other
> networks. In this case DHCP won't obviously solve the problem.

For this case, I suggest we borrow a page from the well-understood,
time-tested, universally deployed, and demonstrably workable
mechanism that HTTP clients use to solve the problem of finding
HTTP proxies.

/a

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 02:03:13 +0300

Adam:

Your proposal works if I am in my home network. But if I am roaming, the 
DHCP server will be located in the roaming network, and will be 
provisioned with information about the MSRP relay in the roaming 
network. If this is the case, fine, it will work, but if by policy, I 
have to use the MSRP provided in my home network, and I am roaming, it 
won't work. Further more, if the roaming network does not offer an MSRP 
relay service, but my home network does, I won't be able to discover the 
MSRP relay server.

I am not sure, at this stage, which of the above cases would be the case 
for MSRP relays... I just want to be prepared with solutions that solve 
any of the possible requirements.

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel-Angel Garcia                     Oy LM Ericsson AB
                                         Jorvas, Finland
mailto:[email-masked]     Phone:  +358 9 299 3553
mailto:[email-masked]        Mobile: +358 40 514 0002

---

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 02:03:13 +0300

Adam:

/Miguel