Subject: [Simple] XCAP comments

From: Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:06:13 +0200

Hi,

Overall, I like XCAP - it's elegant and well written. My comments are 
nothing major, but mostly nits and such.

Cheers,
Aki

---

- Chapter 4, paragraph beginning with "Resource Interdependencies", last 
sentence says:
	
	Concretely,
       this means that, after the server modifies the data, the entity
       tags are updated as if the client had made the change itself.

Does this mean that if the server changes something as a result of the 
XCAP operation, the change will show as one made by the client? Is that 
the right way to do it, because in effect this would not require the 
client to fetch this data, as it would seem like something already 
up-to-date?

I think the proper thing to do would be to make the etag different from 
the one given to the client.

- Chapter 5, 1st paragraph, last sentence seems to be missing text in 
the beginning which is a little confusing.

- Ch. 5.1, 4th paragraph, 1st sentence "identifies a documents".
                                                    ^^

- Ch 5.2 begins with "The second component". Isn't it rather the third 
component after the services root URI and AUID+users/global subtree?

- Ch 5.2, grammar: The document should give references to the XML 
specifications. Currently only XPath and XML Schema seem to be there.

- Ch 5.2, 3rd paragraph (not counting grammar), s/To determne/To determine/

- Ch 6.5, last paragraph, 2nd s., "...is up the local file..."
                                            ^ to

- Ch 7.2, 4th paragraph, 4th s., "...matches an ent within..." I guess 
should be "an existing attribute"?

- Ch 7.5, There was already a comment about etags usage on the list, so 
just to resonate that, it isn't immediately clear what the benefits are 
for having each attribute in an element have an etag that is independent 
of that element's etag.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple