Subject: [Simple] xcap/geopriv alignment issue 3: spheres

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:09:28 -0500

Folks,

In the current geopriv policy document, there is a condition called 
"sphere". This allows a presentity to tell the server that this policy 
statement only applies if the current sphere of the presentity has 
some value. Sphere refers to an RPID element (which, afaik, is not in 
the current rpid document, and would need to be added for this to be 
useful) that describes my current situation - whether I am at work, at 
home, sleeping, etc. Its a dynamic context, for which my privacy rules 
vary as the context varies.

As an example, I could define a policy thusly:

<applies-to>
   <domain>example.com</domain>
   <sphere>work</sphere>
</applies-to>

<accept/>
<show-all/>

and:

<applies-to>
   <domain>example.com</domain>
   <sphere>home</sphere>
</applies-to>

<accept/>
<show-element>basic</show-element>

This would have the effect of showing my example.com colleauges my 
full presence when I'm at work, but only my basic status when I'm at home.

So, the question is, do we adopt this in xcap-auth?

I am inclined to NOT adopt it, and indeed, to encourage geopriv to 
remove it, in order to reduce scope.

Comments?

Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Tschofenig Hannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:23:37 +0100

Hi Jonathan, 

I would like to provide some history for including the sphere in our current
geopriv authz draft. We had a very long discussion on how to enforce
repeatable time windows to implement a functionality of the following style:

I don't want my collegues to see my location information if I am not at
work. 

For some jobs you are able to translate this fact by listing your regular
working hours 9am to 5pm. Obviously, this does not work for all jobs and has
some further technical problems. Recognizing these limitations Henning
proposed an alternative which I personally found very useful. 

Are you suggesting to drop it or should it be replaced by something else? 

How do you express policies similar to the one listed above? 

Ciao
Hannes

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jonathan Rosenberg [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 7:09 AM
> To: Simple WG
> Subject: [Simple] xcap/geopriv alignment issue 3: spheres
> 
> 
> Folks,
>

---

From: Tschofenig Hannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:23:37 +0100

Hi Jonathan, 

Ciao
Hannes