Subject: [Simple] splitting of partial notify draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:35:11 +0200

Hi folks,

Current partial notify draft (draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify) contains
new MIME type definition and specifies how SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY in presence
event package is used with that particular MIME type. One think which
could be done is to slip the current draft into two. One part would
contain MIME type definition and other would cover how that particular
MIME type is used with presence event package. This way it would
probably be much easier to reuse partial PIDF MIME type. Similar
approach has been taken in winfo.

So, I would like to know how people feel about this. Please vote for:

1)
Split the document

2)
Keep it as it is

- Mikko

---

From: Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:45:03 +0200

Hi,

I think splitting the document is a good idea.

Cheers,
Aki

> So, I would like to know how people feel about this. Please vote for:

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:45:03 +0200

Hi,

Cheers,
Aki

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:39:01 -0500

Split.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:39:01 -0500

Split.

-Jonathan R.

---

From: Alex Audu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:00:00 -0600

Hi,

I think I like the document in its current form. Is there a technical or
ligistic reason for
splitting it? The current form is compact and keeping everything in one
place aids
readability.

Cheers,
Alex.

[email-masked] wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Current partial notify draft (draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify)
> contains new MIME type definition and specifies how SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY
> in presence event package is used with that particular MIME type. One
> think which could be done is to slip the current draft into two. One
> part would contain MIME type definition and other would cover how that
> particular MIME type is used with presence event package. This way it
> would probably be much easier to reuse partial PIDF MIME type. Similar

---

From: Alex Audu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:00:00 -0600

Hi,

Cheers,
Alex.