Subject: [Simple] MSRP or MSP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 11:30:49 +0200

We need decide on the name of the protocol. So which one is it going to be?

I vote for MSP, what's yours?

Regards,
Hisham

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:49:03 -0600

I had planned to use MSP, but it looks like that one got used a long 
time back by RFC1312.

Robert mentioned to me offline that even a protocol with no 
intermediaries could be said to relay a message from an endpoint to its 
peer. From that perspective, maybe the easiest thing is sticking with MSRP.

We could always say the R does not stand for anything now, but is 
reserved for future use ;-)

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:49:03 -0600

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 16:10:01 -0500

I'm in favor of continuing with the name MSRP.

There is however a slight risk that we will need to devise a new 
protocol for use specifically between relays. If so, we may be forced to 
call it MSRRP. :-)

	Paul

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 16:10:01 -0500

Paul

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 00:22:01 -0500

I also vote to continue with msrp.

-Jonathan R.

Paul Kyzivat wrote:

>> intermediaries could be said to relay a message from an endpoint to 
>> its peer. From that perspective, maybe the easiest thing is sticking 
>> with MSRP.
>>

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 00:22:01 -0500

-Jonathan R.