Subject: [Simple] comments on draft-ietf-simple-cipid

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:58:36 -0500

Some comments on the draft:

1. Its unclear where these attributes are intended to live within a pidf 
document. Is the assumption that there would be a tuple representing the 
presentity, and that these attributes would live there? Can they be part 
of a tuple representing an IM service or a cell phone?

2. I recall having a discussion about whether vcards should be in-band 
or fetched via a reference; it seems to me that it would not be so bad 
to allow them to appaer within the presence document rather than via a 
reference.

3. For the icon, I think you need to say a bit more about size 
constraints, allowed formats, etc. Here, the image is likely to be 
processed by an automata (for example, by including as a specific part 
of a user interface), and therefore we need to be careful about defining 
details.

4. I'm not a vcard expert - cant homepage be part of a vcard also?

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple