Subject: [Simple] I-D ACTION:draft-mahy-simple-im-protocol-reqs-00.txt

From: "Orit Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:00:24 -0800

Hello!
I would like to bring SIMPLE group attention to this joined draft.

It presents requirements for both basic and a more advanced versions of
an IM protocol.
While some features (basic and advanced) can be added to the current
specification at any point of time, there are many features that needs
to be addressed from the very beginning.

I would like to hear your thoughts on how we can address the subset of
the core requirements below:

 o  Non-transactional message delivery: IM protocol MUST support "send
      and forget" mode per message.  Future message delivery modes: IM
      protocol MUST allow for additional modes to be introduced later
      per message.
   o  Original sender's identification: IM protocol MUST include
      sender's identification per message for each of the possible

Mahy, et al.             Expires August 9, 2004                 [Page 2]

Internet-Draft      SIMPLE IM Protocol Requirements        February 2004

      message formats. This is in order to facilitate conferencing
      scenarios. Even though the IM is coming from the conference
      system, it needs to say which person sent it to the conference
      system.
   o  Session's identification: It MUST be possible to include session's
      identification per message (for each of the possible message
      formats). That is in order to facilitate multiplexing extensions.

Thanks, Orit.

*     To: IETF-Announce: ; 
*	Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mahy-simple-im-protocol-reqs-00.txt 
*	From: Internet-Drafts at ietf.org
<mailto:[email-masked]>  
*	Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:03:55 -0500 
*	Reply-to: Internet-Drafts at ietf.org
<mailto:[email-masked]>  
*	Sender: owner-ietf-announce at ietf.org
<mailto:[email-masked]>  

________________________________

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: SIMPLE Session and Relay IM Protocol
Requirements
	Author(s)	: R. Mahy
	Filename	: draft-mahy-simple-im-protocol-reqs-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2004-2-10
	
This document defines requirements for sessions of messages in
   SIMPLE. These requirements apply to the Message Session Relay
   Protocol (MSRP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahy-simple-im-protocol-reqs-0
0.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mahy-simple-im-protocol-reqs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-mahy-simple-im-protocol-reqs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahy-simple-im-protocol-reqs-0
0.txt>
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahy-simple-im-protocol-reqs-0
0.txt>  

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple