Subject: [Simple] cpim-pidf+xml or pidf+xml

From: Emil Ivov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:52:44 +0100

Hello,

draft-ietf-simple-presence-10.txt says:
All subscribers and notifiers MUST support the 
"application/cpim-pidf+xml" presence data format described in [6].

It seems, however, that [6] expired a while ago and what replaced it on 
the IMPP WG page is apparently: draft-ietf-impp-cpim-pidf-08.txt

Yet it doesn't say anything about application/cpim-pidf+xml and 
describes application/pidf+xml instead.

Does that mean that  application/pidf+xml is the must-be-supported data 
format and not application/cpim-pidf+xml?

Thanx
Emil

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:52:37 -0500

This has caused a lot of confusion. Its an unfortunate consequence of 
changes made to the PIDF spec after SIMPLE was completed.

The correct MIME type is application/pidf+xml.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:52:37 -0500

-Jonathan R.