Subject: [Simple] Comments on partial notification drafts

From: Anders Kristensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 11:20:22 -0500

These are mostly nits...

draft-ietf-simple-partial-pidf-format-00

The numbers refer to secions in the draft.

2. The MIME type 'application/partial-pidf+xml' is used instead of 
'application/pidf-partial+xml' a couple of times.

3.1: s/resent/recent/

3.3 Presumably <removed> elements can only appear in docs with 
state="partial". Maybe worth saying that.

Also, maybe appropriate to say something about when the id of a removed 
tuples can be safely reused (not a good idea to use it for a new tuple 
in the doc that says the previous tuple with the same id has been removed).

4. The last paragraph is a little hard to understand. I think it says 
that individual tuples are always carried in full in pidf-partial docs 
but it could be more clearly stated.

6. The partial doc lists <removed> before <tuple>. I believe the base 
types (PIDFs <presence> element) content model must appear before that 
of the extension. I don't know if you did this, but it would probably be 
a very good idea to run the examples through a validating parser as a 
sanity test.

7. The partial-presence type extends pidf:presence and defines the 
entity attribute although this is already defined for the pidf:presence 
type. Is it necessary to "redefine" this attribute?

What about <presence> elements (including extension elements) not part 
of tuples? Are those always included in pidf-partial docs? (Actually, 
yes. Says so in 3.2 of draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify-01. Maybe it 
should say so in the format doc too.)

draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify-01

1.

s/ , //
s/trasported/transported/

3.2

s/concidered/considered/
s/to be local the/to be the/
s/wathcer/watcher/
s/everything what is/everything that is/
"when an update is send to a tuple..." doesn't make much sense.

5. In F3 the version attribute is "1" but the text (section 4.4) 
required "0" for the initial, full content.

F5: Again, AFAICT <removed> must go after <tuple> elements.

s/<notexml:lang/<note xml:lang/

6. s/notificatiuon/notification/

Anders

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple