Subject: AW: [Simple] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-future-01.txt

From: Schmidt Christian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:18:55 +0200

Henning,

would it make sense to add information about expiration date/time, especially to the Past Time Intervals?
In your example about the meeting, this could be perhaps 8 hours after end of the meeting. Afterwards this information is obsolete and can be deleted. 
What do you think about?

Best regards,
Christian Schmidt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Timed Presence Extensions to the Presence Information Data Format(PIDF) to Indicate Presence Information for Past and Future Time Intervals
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-simple-future-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-4-13
	
The timed presence extension adds elements to the Presence
   Information Data Format (PIDF) that allow a presentity to declare
   their status for a time interval fully in the future or the past.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:01:23 -0400

Christian,

I'm confused by your note. The timed status would indicate the start and 
end time of the event (in the past), i.e., the duration of the meeting. 
It is up to the receiver to decide how long to retain old data. Some may 
keep it forever for logging purposes (calendar synchronization), others 
may delete it as soon as newer information is available. The latter is 
probably the likely implementation since past information is mainly 
useful in the absence of more current information on the status of the 
presentity.

Henning

Schmidt Christian wrote:

> Henning,
> 
> would it make sense to add information about expiration date/time,
> especially to the Past Time Intervals? In your example about the
> meeting, this could be perhaps 8 hours after end of the meeting.
> Afterwards this information is obsolete and can be deleted. What do
> you think about?
> 
> Best regards, Christian Schmidt
>

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:01:23 -0400

Christian,

Henning