Subject: [Simple] isComposing WGLC summary

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 17:53:58 -0400

I've tried to incorporate the various last-call discussions into a new
version of the draft, now at

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/iscomposing/draft-ietf-simple-iscomposing-01.html

and soon in the hand of the I-D editor. Thanks to Niemi Aki, Ben
Campbell, Miguel Garcia, Christian Jansson, Cullen Jennings and Hisham
Khartabil for the comments and discussion.

The following were the main outcomes of the WGLC:

- Made less SIP-centric, via editorial emphasis rather than any
technical changes.

- Clarified XML carriage.

- State description separated for sender and receiver, with a diagram.

- Clarified timeout behavior on both sender and receiver side.

- Clarified editorial distinction between content and status message.

- Added text on privacy concerns when isComposing is sent before the
first message.

- Variety of editorial nits.

If I missed anything, please let me know soon.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple