Subject: [Simple] Event Filtering Issue 4: Replacing a filter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 15:52:55 +0300

There are scenarios where a subscriber has created a filter in a subscription but wishes to replace that filter with another. There were 2 options presented at the interim with me proposing to adopt the 2nd as the solution.

Option 1: remove and add a filter in the same subscription

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <filter-set xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:simple-filter"
                         xmlns:pidf="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf">
            <filter id="8439" remove="True"/>
            <filter id="8440" uri="sip:[email-masked]">
               <what>
       	     <include>//pidf:tuple/pidf:status/pidf:basic</include>
   		</what>
            </filter>
</filter-set>

Option 2: Allow a filter to be replaced re-using the same filter id

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <filter-set xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:simple-filter"
                         xmlns:pidf="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf">
<filter id="8439" uri="sip:[email-masked]">
               <what>
       	     <include>//pidf:tuple/pidf:status/pidf:basic</include>
   		</what>
            </filter>
</filter-set>

No one objected to option 2. If there aren't any objections on the mailing list, I will add some clarification text on this issue.

Regards,
Hisham

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple