Subject: [Simple] RPID: what does tuple-type really mean?

From: Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:23:09 +0300

Hi,

I have a really hard time understanding what different tuple-types mean, 
and how they are intended to be consumed by watchers. Say you have two 
tuples, each with a mailto URI and one that has a "device" type and 
another that has a "service" type - what is that supposed to mean?

Further more, aren't all tuples meant to describe the presentity, and if 
so, why do we need the "presentity" type at all? Isn't that the default 
type?

Same for "in-person" - what does an "in-person" tuple with a SIP contact 
mean? Are we to write each other SIP messages face-to-face with pen and 
paper? ;-)

Cheers,
Aki

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple