Subject: [Simple] List Participation

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:57:25 -0500

Folks -

We're not seeing enough activity in preparation for and
response to Last Calls.

Some of these drafts (the RPID suite for example) have been
around for a long time and have had no significant recent 
controversy. I think many of you are assuming that you don't 
need to say anything and they'll just progress. That's not the 
case - send a message letting Hisham and me know that you've 
read _the called version_ of each draft and find it ready to 
send to the IESG. I'd prefer you send that to the list, but
if you need to, send it directly the two of us.

Other drafts are newer work and have issues that we're closing
down so we can last call them. XCAP-auth in particular went
through a big change and has received little on-list comment
so far. Its hard to tell if the lack of comment is due to
general agreement or if people don't feel they understand it
well enough to comment. I'd like you to reply to Hisham and me
privately saying one of:

  [ ] I understand the xcap authorization discussions and
      don't see any issues other than the ones Jonathan
      is currently trying to resolve on the list. (If you
      choose this, engage in resolving those issues).

  [ ] I don't feel comfortable enough with it to comment
      yet and would like more explanatory/tutorial material.

  [ ] I'm happy letting other people worry about xcap
      and don't plan to participate in the conversations about it.

  [ ] I have an opinion that doesn't fit well into those choices
      (Please let us know what it is).

Thanks,

RjS

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple