Subject: RE: [Simple] WGLC: partial notification - summary

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 18:26:52 +0300

Hi,

Here is a list of issues which have come up during the last call:

1) Current handling of "state" and "version" attributes may cause a
watcher to apply partial state notifications to wrong full state
presence document. This is also caused by allowing overlapping partial
notifies. To fix this following changes have been proposed:
	* Forbid overlapping partial notifications. Overlapping full
notifies are 	  still allowed
	* "version" attribute will be scoped to subscription meaning
that "version" 	  will be increased by one for each new notifications
whether it is full or 	  partial.
	* "state" attribute stays as it is 

These changes should allow watcher to detect if it has missed any
notifications and that it is applying partial notification to correct
full state presence document.

2) Security section be rewritten based on what Robert has previously
send to the list. In practice this means having more text explaining how
partial notification mechanism can be attacked and how it can be
protected. I will send the proposed text to the list when I have it
ready.

3) RFC2119 requirements language is misused in some places in the
document. I will try to polish these sections in the next version

4) I have received quite a number of language tweaks which will be
corrected in the next version (I think list is too long to be repeated
here).

If you think I have missed something or you disagree with proposed fixed
please let me know.

Thanks for all the comments
- Mikko

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 18:26:52 +0300

Hi,