Subject: [Simple] RPID/CIPID comments

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:00:06 -0500

Most of my comments have been well handled in other threads--but I have 
two comments that I don't remember seeing mentioned.

1) A philisophical question about rpid: It is designed from the 
perspective of the presentity exposing a lot of information about its 
activity, mood, environment, etc. and letting the watcher make a 
decision whether to communicate. What if, instead, I want to give very 
little information beyond "Only call me if it is important", or some 
other permutation. That is, if I don't care to tell the watcher details 
about why.

I don't mean this as a complaint about rpid per se; it is perfectly 
valid for someone to wish to expose activity, etc. It may be enough to 
just use a note element for this sort of thing. Or maybe it is a sphere 
element extension.

2) In the security consideration section of the cipid draft: Do we want 
to concern ourselves about the potential of inappropriate content in 
icon or sound elements? (I suppose that this is not very different than 
  the potential for inappropriate IMs,etc.) Also, do we care about the 
possibility of sounds and icons, or any of the external reference sort 
of elements,  to be used as covert information channels?

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple