Subject: [Simple] MSRP chunking and MIME fragmentation

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 02:33:02 -0400

Last I looked, MSRP is a transport protocol.  Thus, I don't understand the
normative statement in Section 6.3.1:

  "The sender MUST NOT include a completion-flag of "+" if the payload MIME
type does not support content fragmentation."

Is not the User Agent Server buffering and reconstructing messages?  That
said, if it does, we should point out in the security considerations section
that someone can say they are sending a fragmented message and then never
send anything again, holding resources forever at the UAS.

If the UAS is not buffering and reconstructing messages, and we are saying
you can only send things like "message/partial", there is no MSRP
fragmentation: MSRP only EVER sends complete MIME objects.

Given the usefulness of sending chunks as a proxy for streaming, I would
suggest just dropping the normative statement.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:13:27 -0500

In the forthcoming draft, we have removed the dependency on 
multipart/byteranges to support chunking. Therefore the text you 
mention is no longer relevant.

---

From: "Sean Olson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:51:18 -0700

This seems to point out the need for three different flags:

1) Complete content
2) Fragmented content
3) Aborted content 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Eric Burger
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 11:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Simple] MSRP chunking and MIME fragmentation