Subject: [Simple] XCAP list-usage: list URI creation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:11:29 +0300

I know we concluded this issue, but cannot remember that the conclusion was.

How is the List URI created? Was it that the client always suggests and the server rejects with 409 if the list URI is not acceptable?

(I'm looking to mirror the same behaviour in the conferencing work)

Thanks,
Hisham

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:14:08 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:
> How is the List URI created? Was it that the client always suggests
> and the server rejects with 409 if the list URI is not acceptable?

Yes. We debated whether to allow the client to omit the list, and then 
have the server generate a 409. But, there was nothing gained by this, 
and since the list URI is really supposed to be there, you want it as 
mandatory in the schema.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com