Subject: [Simple] updated common policy capabilities draft

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:11:45 -0400

Folks,

I've just submitted an update to the common policy capabilities 
document. THis spec defines a common format for representing policy 
capabilities, and is used by:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-simple-pres-policy-caps-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guenther-geopriv-policy-caps-00.txt

Until it appears, you can pick up a copy at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-simple-common-policy-caps-01.txt

Here are the changes:

* no longer using substitution groups for extensibility (see my other 
post on this topic)

* removed "supported permissions" terminology; consistently "policy 
capabilities"

* namespace change to urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:policy-capabilities

* added MIME type registration application/policy-caps+xml

* Removed <confirmation> element, aligning with latest common-policy 
document

* Updated example, validated it

* Aligned application usage terminology and requirements with latest 
xcap document

* fixed up schema registration - requesting URN instead of asking for 
IANA assignment

* update to rfc3668 boilerplate

Though this is still an individual I-D, there was agreement in simple 
that this would be a work item of the simple group. I just needed the 
extra week to revise it :(.

There are no issues with this document that I am aware of.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple