Subject: [Simple] msrp-relay-01: How to apply backpressure?

From: Pekka Pessi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:53:20 +0300

Hello all,

Neither the message-session-07 nor the msrp-relay-01 address any
way the flow control issues.  There is no limit on the data a
msrp endpoint can push to the network nor there is no way of
relays to indicate that their internal queues are becoming full.

Should we consider adding mechanisms for flow control in MSRP? A
response or REPORT could indicate the available window size.

--Pekka

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:50:28 -0400

We tried to solve that and had so many problems we gave up for now. 
Consider it a topic for future work. (Something had to give, or we were 
going to end up with no solution at all.)

	Paul