Subject: [Simple] Where can I find a free SIMPLE server?

From: "zhangpeihao"<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:49:23 +0800

Hi all,

I have created a SIMPLE client, I want test it now. 

Where can I find a free SIMPLE server for test?

Thanks,

zhangpeihao
[email-masked]
2004-07-28

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: 陳俊忞 \(Jimmy Chen\) <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:34:36 +0800

Hi all,

Is there any document that specify the interface between XCAP server and
Presence Server?

If not, any plans?

Thanks,
Jimmy Chen

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 23:11:04 -0400

If you want to use a standard interface, you would use XCAP itself. I
expect many systems will co-locate these, or provide them as part of a
common solution and thus use proprietary technologies.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 23:55:19 -0500

> common solution and thus use proprietary technologies.

Umm, I was thinking I might use the old xcap-package or the new config
package.

Here's the scenario:

The memberhsip of a list is stored on an XCAP server, which we might
call a "contact list server". This thing understands XCAP, and
understands some sort of event package that can inform watchers about
changes in the contents of the "contact lists".

The "presence server" acts as a "resource list sever" to provide
aggregation of presence subscription and notification to the users
listed on "contact lists".

The "presence server" SUBSCRIBES to notification of changes to "contact
lists".

Users use XCAP to twiddle the membership of their "contact lists".

The "contact list server" then sends a NOTIFY to the "presence server"
which either contains the relevant list change, or tells the presence
server enough that it can re-fetch the list using XCAP.

The "presence server" then constructs a resource list from the "contact
list" and sets up back-end subscriptions as per the example in the
event-list draft.

I realize that this model is inconsistent with how many in SIMPLE think
of the problem, but it's fairly consistent with how I think OMA is
envisioning the presence architecture supporting PoC.

Now, with the recent elimination of the xcap-package and its merger into
the config-package, I'm a little confused as to how this comes together.

Help?

--
Dean