Subject: [Simple] When to create transaction in server?

From: Biplab Chattopadhyay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:31:36 +0530

Hi folks,
  I have one doubt.  In Txn Server  side, should I create a transaction 
immediately after  getting a request from the client or should I pass it 
to the UA without creating a transaction and wait for the UA to accept 
the request and send a response and then create the transaction.  RFC 
3261 (Section 17.2.1) seems to be telling the first case, where as the 
second case may save some kinds of spurious attacks.

Biplab.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Biplab Chattopadhyay
Research Engineer
CDOT-Bangalore
email: [email-masked]
       [email-masked]
Phone#
     Office: 2263399, ext 255
	     2383951 (direct)
     Mobile: 9845378867
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple