Subject: [Simple] MSRP-07 - Multiple URL path attributes

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 11:32:30 -0400

The text states:

"If an endpoint puts more than one URL in a path attribute, the final URL in
the path (the peer URL) attribute MUST exhibit the uniqueness properties
described above."

Aren't relays left-to-right?

Should not the First URL be locally unique?  Isn't one of the major use
cases of relays to cross administrative domains where people are freely
allowed to do something weird, but legal?

For example, my URL is msrps://10.1.1.12:12345/random.  The URL of the other
endpoint, which sits behind two relays, is msrps://10.1.1.12:12345/random.
It is not unique, but that is NOT a problem, because presumable the next to
last relay handed out something like msrps://natbox.example.com/unit12-fuzz
to the embedded endpoint to use.

Or did I miss how relays work, and the endpoint would never use
msrps://10.1.1.12:12345 and instead ONLY use
msrps://natbox.example.com/unit12-fuzz?

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple